• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there something going on here...

redraptor

Android Enthusiast
Sep 6, 2010
Much too far from the waves
In the last 10 minutes my phone has restarted 3 times, and has restarted another 3 or 4 over the last couple days. This seems odd. Wiped any apps I didnt use that often and any I JUST downloaded over the last week and my phone is still acting up...Im starting to regret exchanging my Razr out for this. I really like this phone, but im running it stock and its still restarting every couple days. Or 3 times in a row like now...Am I missing something? am I doing something wrong?

You either have an app that's causing it or you got a bad apple.

Bad phone is a good call ...except I think he had his for awhile now. Still could be one tho.

Sounds similar to me when I had it. As the days went by....things started going downhill that were fine in the beginning.

I didnt install many apps on it. I wanted it to be as stock as possible for testing it out. I do know a factory reset did help some issue I was having. Something about the dialer not closing or showing up when the phone rang....I cant remember right now.

Upvote 0
Have you downloaded any files or pictures lately? The restarts and rebooting are also symptoms of a corrupted file/filesystem on your "virtual" sd card.

Delete the recently downloaded/saved file on your sd card, or back up your files on your sd card and then format it. Then move only the essential files/folders back and test for a while. Then move more stuff back and test, and so on.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones