is this for real?

Last Updated:

1. stp84

stp84 Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't touch that. Who knows if those accessories are even rated correctly for the droid, sure the sticker on there says rated for ...Volts, but whats inside could be very different. Im sure it's safe, but a even a safe bet for my Droid is a bet I dont wanna take.

3. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

Sure... I can't vouch for this specific package, but I bought 2 USB -> Micro USB cables for 1 cent a piece and 3 dollars shipping from Amamzon. They work perfectly. I also bought 2 chargers from monoprice for 1.40 a piece. They work perfectly too.

This just goes to show you where Best Buy and Radio Shack make their money ::D

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Overall ratings of the company's products is a mixed bag...I'd pass.

Doesn't mean there aren't going to be cheap, good alternatives to the highway robbery prices from VZW, but this one may not be it.

5. RJNavarrete

RJNavarrete Member

6. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member

I figure it's the same as buying cheap tires for your car. sure they are round and made of the same material as good tires but are they going to burn your house down when your phone is plugged in charging in the middle of the night because some 8 year old kid in china who was 18 hours into a 20 hour shift used to much soder on the internals.

7. ergalthema

ergalthema Well-Known Member

I ordered that. I like having a charger that stays at home and one that stays in the car, and I don't have the extra cash for a dock.
    I expect to get it in a day or two, and I'll try to remember to post a review here.

8. AaronT

AaronT Active Member

9. ergalthema

It says that's for Apple products.

10. ryanerb

ryanerb Member

11. mooshu47

mooshu47 Active Member

Most probably know this, but the Droid should charge off of any standard micro USB charger rated at 5V and 500mA to 1 amp (perhaps higher amperage as well.) Higher amps should result in faster charging, up to some limit. The wall charger that came with my Droid is rated 5V / 850mA.

I have a Blackberry charger (5V 700mA) that works perfectly. I've also used the charger for my wife's Kindle 2 (not sure of the amperage) and it worked OK as well.

12. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Well-Known Member

I bought it - 6 bucks including shipping - says it's rated for the DROID - I'm in.

13. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

14. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

the amperage rating indicates what the charger is capable of supplying while maintaining the desired voltage. that means a 5V 1A charger will charge 5V devices at up to 1A. presumably the Droid has some maximum current draw (850 mA?), and any charger rated at more than that won't do you any good, but won't hurt you either.

15. ergalthema

Got mine today. My phone was fully charged already, but when I plugged in this new cheap wall charger the Droid doesn't say "Charged" or anything. No light around the plug. I'm going to run the battery down tomorrow and then try it again, but it looks like it might not be working very well.

16. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

FYI... The Droid does not show the charging signal if it is already fully charged...

17. ergalthema

I'm not sure what the charging "signal" is, but my Droid says "Charged" if it's plugged in and fully charged.

I let the battery run down, tried the wall adapter again and nothing happened. The Droid looks just like it does when not plugged in, and the battery charge did not increase.

I'm trying to get a refund for the product plus all shipping charges. It's almost not worth the hassle, but I have to try just on principle.

18. djsat03

djsat03 Well-Known Member

When i bought my ipod touch, and bought this FM transmitter from eBay, it works really good, the sound quality is pretty good and it charges your ipod too.

When i got my droid, i was please to found out that this Fm transmitter and charger works with droid as well.

How it works with Droid:
    The charger comes with an usb plug on the side of the stand and you can plug your usb cable you use at home to charge that you got in the box with droid or buy another one (i already had one extra from my previous Motorola phone zn5 ). The kit includes an small 3.5 aux cable which plugs into droid 3.5 port on top and the other side of the cable goes into stand on top and you can hear your music through the speakers of your car when you have right station set on your car and the fm transmitter. It might be little expensive but since i was happy with this set up, i thought i'll share this with all you, it might come in handy for some who might be looking for alternative charger and fm transmitter. Also the phone sits on the stand holder pretty good, just like my ipod did.

$34.95

iPhone 3G FM TRANSMITTER & HANDSFREE Car Kit 8GB & 16GB - eBay (item 350139293210 end time Dec-06-09 12:46:36 PST)

19. Polymira

Polymira Well-Known Member

I recommend you try unplugging from the wall then plugging it back in after plugging into the droid.

Works on my belkin usb charger in my car. Charges slow as hell, but at least it keeps it from really draining while playing pandora/navigation/etc

20. ergalthema

I tried this and it did not work.

21. TonyG

TonyG Well-Known Member

I've plugged my cassette tape adapter into the 3.5 mm connector, but the sound is quite a bit weaker than my nuvi 770's...

22. tmmedic20

tmmedic20 Member

Naztech n300 3 in 1 Charger - 9746

This is what im using and works very well, i keep my stock charger at home, and use this on the go and at work (i work 24 hour shifts so have to have a charger).

23. snorkel

snorkel Active Member

Go to HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! and order a new micro usb cable that is longer.
    The charging cable that comes with the droid is just a stand micro usb cable, nothing proprietary at all.
    HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! usb cable

A six foot one will set you back a whole 1.17

24. ergalthema

Well, they sent me another one for free and it works. However, the touchscreen flips out if I go anywhere near it. It's a little scary, but if it's harmless then this charger is worth the low cost.

25. jennyloca715

jennyloca715 Well-Known Member

has any one seen any $1 batteries for the droid?? lol.. no really telll me, where?