Is this TV out cable really compatible with the Inc?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. edjca

edjca Member This Topic's Starter

I'm getting my Inc soon and I think something like this would be awesome for making tutorial videos. I'd just plug this into my capture dongle and record from there. It's 30 dollars though so I just really want to make sure it works. Does anyone have it?

HTC Droid Incredible TV-Out Cable

Advertisement
  2. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Yes I would say that it WILL be the right one when it finally becomes available, hence the OUT OT STOCK. Have seen the same several different places and they're all out of stock. HURRY UP HTC!

3. Superbad

Superbad Well-Known Member

4. slumpey

slumpey Well-Known Member

dont think so

5. Eris Lover

Sorry it has already been established that all of the compatible phones in that list have a different connector than the incredible!

6. qwho

qwho Well-Known Member

7. qwho

qwho Well-Known Member

8. Eris Lover

I think they both have a good possibility. They at least appear to have micro usb ends. I would put my money on the LG. Except for I already wasted some trying another cable that didn't work. lol gonna be patient. The cool part about the HTC one that is advertised everywhere as not in stock is that it has an in line port to charge at the same time.

9. qwho

qwho Well-Known Member

Main reason I have not jumped on buying either of them.

Maybe those third party verizon dealers have them. There is one on my way home, maybe I'll stop.

10. bobby_bac

bobby_bac New Member

Does anyone know if the Incredible is going to support BETTER video out? I am not asking for HDMI or anything like the EVO4g...but component? or at least s-video? Both of these dinosaur technologies still > composite.

I wonder if video out would even be worth it if it's only over composite

11. qwho

qwho Well-Known Member

I consider myself pretty well versed in video standards and technology... I have two large lcd's at home, with bluray players and hdmi cables, and I am always looking for the best overscan settings and what not to enhance picture quality.

That being said I watched a dvd on a 50 inch tv at my sister-inlaws a few weeks back, and I thought hey besides the aspect ratio being a bit off, this picture is pretty nice. So I fixed the aspect with their remote and it looked pretty good. Then I looked behind their stuff and saw the bluray player was connected to the tv via composite. I was quite surprised. Needless to say we found a component cable in their stuff and fixed that right away. Basically I just thought the bluray player was bad at upconverting, but it turned out to be the connection. The picture wasn't that bad though, for how the bluray player was connected, so, basically if the aspect is right, the picture is at least watchable to a point where you won't only be thinking about the picture quality while watching something.

bobby_bac likes this.
  12. papamarik

papamarik Well-Known Member

I just got a call from htcpedia and they are now processing order for tv out cable.

"Confirmation: The shipment with HTC TV Out cables for HTC Incredible will be here after 4:30pm EST today, Friday July 2nd, 2010. All orders will be shipped out on Tuesday July 6th as Monday July 5th is an Independence Day holiday."

They told me they are getting 300pcs later today and already 267 only available.

HTC Droid Incredible TV-Out Cable

13. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Yeah that look about right. :)

14. papamarik

papamarik Well-Known Member