• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue after charged to 100%..

Without having the phone here I couldn't say for sure, but it sounds as if something is constantly draining the battery. While the battery is charging it doesn't matter - it just charges a bit slower. Once it's fully charged, the charging circuit shuts off and he battery starts draining.

Is it some software using tons of current? Is it a hardware short? Is it a partial short inside the battery? That's impossible to tell from here. One quick check you can make is find someone with an S3 and use their battery. If the problem stops, you need a new battery. Otherwise it's a software or hardware problem. (And if I were a betting man, I'd bet on hardware, which means a trip to a repair facility.)

Reactions: beenr271
Upvote 0
Thanks Rukbat!

After tons of research on here, I tried to go the least expensive way first and I ended up as a last ditch effort just trying to blow the port out with canned air. I also bought a new "Rocketfish" wall charger from Best Buy and amazingly enough, I've had good luck on the last 2 charges. So, possibly it was just "fluff" in my port or bad chargers (which the ones I was using were OLD)!! Fingers crossed that's all it was/is!

Otherwise, I may just go with wireless chargers.. a trip to the repairman sounds expensive!

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Samsung phones (including the pre-paid Galaxy cheapies) beep and usually display a notification that says 'Unable to charge non-supported battery, see user manual' and it will beep and do this off and on until the problem is solved. this usually, at least in my case, points to a faulty charger. a Galaxy S3 should only show a 'battery is 100% charged, please unplug charger' icon in your notification shade when it's full, but otherwise keep the charge at 100%.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones