• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issue Rooting HTC Desire 510[Solved]

@El Presidente I was just about to post that. lol

@DutchMansProud If you don't know how to relock the bootloader here is a little guide:
1. Power the phone down
2. Hold "Down" button then hold "Power" key while still holding "Down" button until you get into the bootloader
3. Release "Down" and "Power" button
4. Tap "Power" key once and it will change from "HBOOT" in white letters with blue background to "FASTBOOT" in white letters with red background on your phone
5. Connect your USB cable and it will say "FASTBOOT USB" on your phone
6. Navigate to the folder you have your adb.exe, fastboot.exe stuff from Android Studio or wherever you obtained it from (Mine is in C:\"myusername"\Android\sdk\platform-tools)
7. Hold the "Shift" key then right click in any empty space in that folder
8. Select "Open command window here"
9. Type
Code:
fastboot devices
in the command window, then press Enter just to make sure it is picking up your phone
10. You should see something like: "HT42PXU99475 fastboot" if you don't make sure your USB cable is inserted all the way and you are in "FASTBOOT USB"
11. Type
Code:
fastboot oem lock
in the command window

You should see something like:
Code:
(bootloader) [PGFS] partition_update_pgfs: pg1fs_security
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_ENC ret = 0
(bootloader) [PGFS] partition_update_pgfs: pg2fs_sec_recovery
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 596539196 (0x1FFFFD6C)
(bootloader) Start Verify: 3
(bootloader) WARM RESET: 9
(bootloader) [INFO] Reset reason in IMEM is 0x77665800
(bootloader) [INFO] Rebooting device
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 1.110s

Your phone will automatically reboot and your bootloader will be locked

You can check by booting into the bootloader and it should say *** RELOCKED *** at the top in white letters and purple background

After all that just run the RUU as normal and it should install correctly. The kernel will be replaced, since you mentioned that you flashed the recovery to its partition.

Please do not use that TWRP and SuperSU, they are old.

The 64-bit users do not use TWRP. I think there is a CWM for your device, I have to do more searching, as I have 32-bit, but most people are using http://forum.xda-developers.com/des...t/recovery-ported-philztouchrecovery-t3063109.

You can get the most up-to-date SuperSU from https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip.
Thank you very much :) i'll try it asap.

Reactions: blaqueknight
Upvote 0
Yeah, that should be fine.

An RUU won't let you downgrade, but staying on the same firmware or upgrading should be fine. Unless it's given an error message and hasn't ran?

If that's the case, there was a method for extracting stuff from the exe file. Detailed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2534428

I'm not sure if it's still relevant or will work here, but I can try it when I get home from work. Feel free to give me a little nudge if I don't respond in a timely fashion.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that should be fine.

An RUU won't let you downgrade, but staying on the same firmware or upgrading should be fine. Unless it's given an error message and hasn't ran?

If that's the case, there was a method for extracting stuff from the exe file. Detailed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2534428

I'm not sure if it's still relevant or will work here, but I can try it when I get home from work. Feel free to give me a little nudge if I don't respond in a timely fashion.
Great my phone works again!
now can anyone help me with rooting my phone?

Edit: I have already re-unlocked my bootloader btw.

Upvote 0
...An RUU won't let you downgrade...

I just noticed that yesterday. I've had some force closes while on the newest RUU and wanted to do a quick downgrade, since they weren't present on the old one. They can be due to other tweaks, but I just wanted to quickly rule this out. I see I have to go into TWRP and Advanced Wipe everything every time I want to downgrade.

I tried this and while I was successful with extracting the rom.zip. I could not find a way to successfully decrypt the encrypted data within rom.zip. I have tried several methods and I always receive an error. Our device is not added to the tool ruuveal at the moment, which would be the easiest way to decrypt, even though I added an issue in the tracker. I am learning more about Linux so hopefully I can do this myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
guys i know it is closed but i still have a tiny problem after some problem i now need to flash the boot but the image won´t flahs due some weird thing.

this is it ''c:/root: fastboot flash boot HTC-Desire-510-64bit-Root.img
target reported max download size 16773120 bytes
error: cannot load 'HTC-Desire-510-64bit-Root.img' : No error ''

can you elp me with this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones