• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue with Hangouts

ekyle

Android Expert
Jan 5, 2010
Central NY
www.kyleelliott.com
I don't recall seeing this with my other phones but if this belongs in an app thread that's fine. When I am included in a group message my wife's contact image doesn't appear in that message thread at it won't list her name at the bottom of her messages. Works for everyone else. If I look at her message thread in Hangouts (just between her and I) it's fine.

Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it? I just switched back from Messenger, but I may have to go back to it if I can't get this resolved... Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that in the four contact images beside the message in the message list her contact photo appears. Once in the message however it is gone.

I don't really notice this issue myself. But, to answer your question, in the Hangouts app, tap the hamburger icon top left, which opens the sidebar - there is a "Help & feedback" link and you can use that to send Google feedback.
Thanks. I'll give them some feedback. It works with their Messenger app just fine. Only hangouts had the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones