• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issues with Mail, Captivate with latest Cog Rom

matwheeler

Lurker
Oct 24, 2010
Okay, I've taken my phone from stock and flashed the Cognition 2.3b6. So far so good with this rom, battery is dropping a bit fast, but I think it was due to the GPS being on. I just turned it off and it seems to be lasting a lot longer. Anyway, now and prior to the flash, I would receive email and would be able to read/access them as advertised, however would leave the mail app, come back later (30-45 mins later) and either some if not all would be gone. Not in the inbox or deleted folder. Prior to the rom flash, I asked this same question and received feedback to utilze another mail app (K-9), rather than the stock. I did so, and after a short time running it (2-3 days), it acted in the same way. Since I've flashed, I've used the stock and K-9 mail app, and it continues to make emails disappear. Not sure why, and here I am again looking for someone who is smarter than I on this subject.

Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones