• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Isync For PC - Some Questions

NumisKing

Lurker
Nov 2, 2010
Ive recently purchased an HTC Incredible and have absolutely fallen in love with it. But Ive yet to find a certifiable way of transferring my Itunes library onto my device. Ive done some research and have decided that Isyncr is what I want to use but I have some questions before I commit. Hopefully somebody has some answers.

1) Will I be able to transfer Music that Ive purchased From Itunes onto my device?

2)Will my Droid transfer music that I download onto my device back onto my Itunes Library, including music that I may download via Amazon mp3?

3)Do I have control over where my library is placed? I want all of my music on my SD card.

Ive recently purchased an HTC Incredible and have absolutely fallen in love with it. But Ive yet to find a certifiable way of transferring my Itunes library onto my device. Ive done some research and have decided that Isync is what I want to use but I have some questions before I commit. Hopefully somebody has some answers.

1) Will I be able to transfer Music that Ive purchased From Itunes onto my device?

2)Will my Droid transfer music that I download onto my device back onto my Itunes Library, including music that I may download via Amazon mp3?

3)Do I have control over where my library is placed? I want all of my music on my SD card.

I'm downloading and trying jam11. It allows you to access itunes through your phone. It's in beta and I'm not sure how well it works, but figured it was worth a try.

From what I just read, here, Mac 101: iSync, it's only for contacts and calender type stuff. It doesn't say anything about music.
So, to answer your first question, no.

2) No.

3) Yes.

Honestly, the easiest way is to drag and drop your music folder from your computer to the sd card. There are all kinds of syncing programs/players, but most that I have seen only sync play lists.

Edit 1: I just downloaded jam11 to see how it works.

Edit 2: Seems to work ok, using 3g and not wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones