• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ITS ABOUT TIME: "Dump Trump" Campaign

Hmmm . . . I think people should avoid posting disrespectful pictures in an effort to get their opinion, point or point of view across. I think it is unfair and somewhat lazy. If you require ‘shock and awe’ to get your point across, it is not a very valid point in most cases.

Just my 2 centavos, carry on.

hmm im thinking people should not speak disrespectful of a president in office. its funny how the "respect" seems to always be a one-way road then when somethimg is stated about a "great hope" its disrespective. birth cirtificates, (cough) "free stuff" and telepromptsbare unfair, sewhat lazy...and barely shock andbawebtobget abpoint with not much point across.

just my peso

Upvote 0
hmm im thinking people should not speak disrespectful of a president in office. its funny how the "respect" seems to always be a one-way road then when somethimg is stated about a "great hope" its disrespective. birth cirtificates, (cough) "free stuff" and telepromptsbare unfair, sewhat lazy...and barely shock andbawebtobget abpoint with not much point across.

just my peso

Well, if it is a 50 Peso Mexican gold coin, it can be worth perhaps $1,600.00. So perhaps your peso is worth something after all, RicoA.:smokingsomb:

One should respect the office of the president. Just do not start thinking that criticism is being rude or mean or disrespectful or nasty. I respect the Office of the President of the United States, but I also know that President Obama is making far too many mistakes.

Regardless, one must always respect arguably the most powerful man on the planet. I do not like President Obama, but that is not disrespect. This president has stifled business and caused problems. The facts bear this out.

Sadly, quoting facts often leads to accusations of being disrespectful, so I'll shut up.

I do think some people are disrespectful of the President and the office. They use rudeness and cruelty to try to make a point. Sadly, when you point out the problems with facts, you are called a liar or worse.

Criticizing the president is often taken as being nasty or rude or disrespectful. One can respect the man and be critical of his policies and actions at the same time.

Until the press respects the forth estate and people learn a little something more than sound bites, you will not be able to say anything about the President without being called bad things accused of disrespecting the Office of the President of the United States. Any man rising to that level in American politics deserves some measure of respect for getting there.

I would gladly work for the POTUS. Not sure he would hire a strong conservative, however. That only happens on the West Wing. If I were to meet President Obama, I would be absolutely respectful because the office demands it, as does common decency.

Upvote 0

The Internet is based upon pointless points. You are now part of the Fifth Estate.

The press selects pictures to make a point, good or bad or fair or unfair. If they love Trump, chances are good that the picture will look good. Not always.

I see great pictures of Trump in my latest issue of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and Glorious Trump." It was edited by Donald Trump because he told the editor, "You're Fired." I got a free subscription when I bought a case of "Trump - The Fragrance" at a Macey's 'going out of the Donald business' sale.

I recall the pictures of OJ. There was a publication that used a truly scary picture and later, a routine booking image, not so scary. The first picture was grainy, too much contrast and likely adjusted just to make OJ look evil.

As I recall, the bad look was used by a publication out to get OJ. Nick Nolte's arrest image was used for effect and I know you have seen that pic. He looked horrible.

Admittedly, the press uses pictures that shock to get people to read the article. Nothing new there.

I recall a quote, I will paraphrase: "a lie will go round the world while truth is pulling on its boots.

Upvote 0
Hes already costed The Republicans....

To be clear, are you saying Trump's antics have cost the Republican Party something or another?

I'll proceed as though that is what you are saying. Corrections are welcome.

Yes. Sadly, yes, I think there is a modicum of truth in your comment.

We live in a world where one famous but silly Republican can cost his party something because many voters apparently think someone like a Trump represents the entire party.

Therefore, a bad Trump means a bad Republican party in the eyes of many.

What has cost the Republican party is the lack of action, the lack of a strong conservative and the lack of direction. No focus and no plan to solve the problems. Certainly not Mr. Trump!

I can guarantee the economy would improve if I were elected. I say this with absolute and zero BS confidence because what needs to be done is simple and straight-forward. I might not get elected because I KNOW what needs to be done will hurt many Americas. What needs to be done will be very hard on some people.

Forgetting the Senate and Congress, however. They can screw things up.

I think had a republican been elected, he or she might very well avoid his or her campaign promises. I do not see real changes until a strong conservative forgets about getting re-elected, grabs the country and drags it screaming and kicking out of the mess.

I guarantee what Trump does did not affect how I voted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones