Support iTunes Remote App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by clipperqb, May 6, 2010.

1. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Male
    I installed TunesRemote by Jeff Sharkey and cant get it to connect to my library. My itunes library is shared on my desktop. I have 2 airports and laptop that see it fine but the app just keeps searching. I tried manually adding the ip but that didn't work. I also tried sharing other library's on the LAN and turned off firewall. Didn't know if anyone has done this yet?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    In the 712
    Mine works flawlessly. You have to make sure that in Edit->Preferences->Devices that you have the 'Look for iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad Remotes' box checked. You will then be prompted in iTunes to provide the 4 digit code displayed on your DI. Viola!

3. clipperqb

May 3, 2010
    Male
    I just checked my itunes and I have under edit=>pref=>devices=> look for iphone and iPod Touch remotes checked. (ver 9.0.2.25) remote still searching :(

4. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    In the 712
    IDK. I am running 9.1.1.11, but I doubt that makes any difference. The only requirement that I saw was that it has to be on the same network/router. I am using a Linksys N router through a network switch to the external drive that houses my iTunes library. It fired right up for me and have been using it since Launch day.

SICH

5. clipperqb

May 3, 2010
    Male
    Thanks, I'll keep digging as this is one thing I really wanted to do when I switched phones.

6. rollskins

rollskins Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    sorry to dig up an old thread but did anyone ever figure this problem out? I've got the same thing going on.

7. clipperqb

May 3, 2010
    Male
    I'm using Remote for itunes by hyperfine software now. Works great.

8. rollskins

rollskins Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    figured it out just manually typed in the IP address. Love this app