• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I've been seeing posts about what new phone you are going to get but...

apavolka

Android Enthusiast
May 15, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
How many of you are going to keep your X until it finally just quits? As in it could claimed with insurance but you just don't want to? And that brings up another question, how many will just keep going with the X until they finally stop selling them?

I know that I'm keeping my X until I see something with a similar build by motorola as this is my first motorola phone that didn't break within a month.

After seeing the new phones I have no intention to upgrade. While yes dual core sounds nice, the X is fast enough. If we were getting the Atrix or w/e it is it would be another story though. To be able to dock the phone on your computer and control it from the PC is awesome.

this...i would love to get the atrix but not leaving verizon for it though

Upvote 0
Just cant see coming out even more money for another new phone after spending $199 to get the X. The X has been perfect for me since the day I recieved it. I will keep it until the day it dies and cannot be replaced for fixed.

Agreed 100%. Plus my DX was $570 because I didn't have an upgrade. This phone had been great to me. Plus coming from an eris, it is a huge leap.

Upvote 0
How many of you are going to keep your X until it finally just quits? As in it could claimed with insurance but you just don't want to? And that brings up another question, how many will just keep going with the X until they finally stop selling them?

I know that I'm keeping my X until I see something with a similar build by motorola as this is my first motorola phone that didn't break within a month.

I'll be hanging onto my X for quite a while. I was not that impressed with Verizon's upcoming offerings.

Besides. Dual Core, and 4g? I'd like my phone's battery to last longer than 2-3 hours.

Upvote 0
I am thinking maybe this time next year I will have to see where everything is at and how LTE is working. The X is a great phone and I am not going to downgrade to another phone. I want a screen as big as the X, a battery that makes it all day like the X, is as snappy as the X and has call quality as good as the X.

This is why I think I will have to wait at least another year for another phone. Can I dream that Motorola will make a DroidX 2 that will be almost the same with a dual core that is LTE??? I would love it not to have the locked bootloader, but I have been able to do what I need to it so it is not the end of the world.

Upvote 0
This X will easily keep me satisfied til upgrade per Verizon, that should be Dec 2011 but still, the X is actually giving me all I could want in a phone. It's is still just a phone, Right? After having all the fun flashing the Omnia i910 for 2 yrs(bleh but interesting) and jumping ship from WinMo to Android... I'm going to be happy with this phone til it quits. Now will I buy a Tab of some sort is the real question.

Upvote 0
Rumor is going around that VZW is going to nix the early upgrade and NE2 policy. :/

Either way, I'm going to keep my X until it flat out stops working and there is no replacement X I can get for free.

The new phones that are coming out are nice, but not enough to get me to drop down the $$.

Another rumor is that Honeycomb will bring phones with no buttons what so ever on the front, very similar to the tablets such as the Xoom. If this is true, I might consider such a phone as it's one more area that can be customized lol

Upvote 0
I have no intention of spending several hundred dollars more for a new phone that is a split second faster than the X. When LTE becomes widespread and download speeds dramatically increase, I will switch, but that is at least 2 years away. Really, what significant thing can the new phones coming out do that the X can not, that's worth paying $199 and being stuck with for 2 years?

Upvote 0
Likewise, no intention to upgrade. Newer phones look awesome but no need to upgrade. Never know what these phones will have for issues (they all do),
I have never done to any phone what i have doen to this X and it is a dream to have fun with. Endless customization...............GummyJar and Apex and, and..........lol
This X does literally everything i want in a phone :):)

PS..........especially no need to "downgrade" to the iPhone either...................................can you say Windows ME? LOL

Upvote 0

Completely agree with you. I am hard on phones and usually break them within the first 3 months. Not this beast. 6 months and going strong. The sides are a little chewed up from being dropped face first on pavement. Screen is pretty much spotless. The button cover/film/paint? is coming off but the phone itself works great. I have no complaints. I would like to have 4G but I'm not looking forward to the additional cost and tiered plans. What will the dual-core gives us? Right now I think my phone is fast enough. Rooted over-clock with Apex I have very little lag. The phone handles everything i've thrown at it. +1 for Moto.

Upvote 0
I have an upgrade NOW on one line, and another coming end of february. I don't see a phone worth moving to - right now I think the X is the best Verizon has to offer and I also refuse to go to a small screen. I would get a tab with my upgrade possibly but they aren't really subsidized so what's the point?

Upvote 0
I'm holding on to my truely 'UNLIMITED' plan as long as I possibly can. Oh sure 4G is going to absolutely kick ass, of that I have no doubt. But I don't look for the first few generations to get very good battery life (EVO???). And with the tiers that offer as much data as I use rumored to cost around $70 (all by itself, this doesn't include your minutes, texts and all that good stuff), you can bet I'll be clinging to my DX until they pry it out of my cold, dead fingers!!!

Lol, ok ok maybe not THAT long. But I'm certainly not in any sort of hurry. And even after I do find another device that captures my imagination, I'll be keeping the X around as a sort of mini-tab that my son and daughter can play with. Also, to use as an MP3/movie player.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones