• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi, I live in India and the Xperia acro S hasnt launched here yet, doubt it will. Will i be able to upgrade my acro S to jelly bean when the upgrade comes out ? if so.. how ?

This is the Xperis S, not the Acro S. You're best asking in the correct forum.

On a quick Google search, it looks like the Acro S will get JB.
but,
I have no idea when.

Upvote 0
yesterday upgraded to Jellybean and still like it :D some new features , some app works more smooth (maps with my) :)
some i didn`t like, white background in phone book and text messages , there is no anymore 3D camera and in camera setting only can change to 12 (4:3), 9 and 2 pixels ...
any possibility change phone book background?
cheers

Upvote 0
Installed JB last night. I too have been having freezing problems a lot lately so hope this update will fix them.

One major gripe I've got about the update is that it automatically installed Chrome. Now I haven't got a problem with Chrome as it's quite a good browser. However, the app takes up nearly 60Mb of space in the phone memory and can't be moved to the internal storage. This reduced the amount of free space I had on my phone memory which, in turn, affects performance. I've since got rid of a load of apps I no longer use and am back to just over 1Gb of free space in the phone memory.

Apart from that, I'm liking JB at the moment. I didn't do a clean install, but the phone seems to be running smoothly. If I notice any issues over the coming days I might do a factory reset to clear everything out and start again.

Upvote 0
I've not been so happy with my phone lately. However, having been running the JB update for a couple of days now, it has made me feel happy with my SXS again. Can't put my finger on exactly what has swung me back around to the phone - maybe it's the smoother performance, or better notifications, or something else. But it just feels like a new, better phone now. Well done, Sony! (You won't catch me saying that very often!).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones