• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jorte Calendar Help

WozzaTT

Jun 12, 2010
Hi,

Currently using the Jorte calendar and it picks up a couple of calendars I have within my Google calendar ie I subscribe to a football and the F1 calendar.

I've just added a cricket calendar within Google but despite having synced everything I can think of(!) it's still not showing up in the Jorte calendar.

Any ideas? Do I need to export from Google to Jorte within the app? I thought it would have synced automatically? I'm sure the others did.

TIA

Did you go into Menu>Settings>Choose Calenders>Menu>Add Calendars? (Menu being the menu button.)

If you did, then try a reinstall.

Tim

Thanks for the reply. It won't find the cricket calendar at all, I've even used the HTC calendar to look for it and it's not there.

I've added a test event in the Jorte calendar and it showed up in my Google calendar on the PC immediately, also vice-versa. Perhaps it's a problem with this particular cricket calendar.

Upvote 0
Found the "problem". I tested it out by adding a random calendar.

To add it, for some reason, you need to remove it first or it won't show. So, go through Menu>Settings>Choose Calenders>Menu>Remove Calendars, and select the one you want.

Then it will show up on the add menu.

Tim

EDIT NOTE: I added, for example, Greek Holidays calendar. When I went to add it, it wasn't showing on the list. It did show on the remove calendars list, so I went ahead and removed it. When I did so, it finally showed on the add calendars list.

Upvote 0
Sorry, but I don't know what happened there. I was answering the question about how to get a new calendar to show if it doesn't show when "add calendar" is selected.

If anything, try going into the normal system calendar app (not Jorte) and check if all your sync settings are correct. I imagine if it's not there, Jorte won't be able to see it either.

Play around by removing your Google account and reconnecting it and then syncing and unsyncing. Sorry if that's vague, but that's how I usually go about debugging. I'll try as many things as I can find related to the problem and just give it a shot.

Let me know what solutions you came up with.

Tim

Upvote 0
I was able to add it.

First, I clicked here, Manchester United sports calendar - premier league - football - Telegraph and added it to my Google Calendar.

Then, I synced the calendars by going to Settings>Accounts&Sync>(Google account)>Menu>Sync now.

It didn't show up, so I did a few things - I did a calendar removal (via Jorte) and then re added it. Then, just to see, I updated my Jorte. When I did that, it showed up fine.

After the update, I tried adding any other calendar (chose Day of the Year) and as soon as I synced it, it showed up. So, don't know what to tell you. I'd play with it - add and remove the app, sync it, update it, mess around with it until you get it to show... if it means that much to you.

Any how, I love Jorte, so that's why I'm trying to figure it out. The developer did a great job with it and truly knows interactive design.

Tim

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem with one of my calendars not showing up. used to but now it's gone. It's the US cal that I've subscribed to via gcal. I go to remove cal and it's there, so I remove it. then I try to readd it and it never shows up. i tried it with another calendar and the sequence works perfectly.

In addition, the US Cal is syncing with default cal app and also with Pure Cal widget which I have working with Jorte. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Jorte numerous times and all settings are back to square one except for which calendars and selected and those are already chosen from the previous install even though I completely uninstall and reboot including battery pull. tried to clear setting via settings>apps but there are no settings remembered to clear (ie cache).

Any ideas what I can do? I've gone through every sequence I can think of and nothings seems to get it back. I've also tried to load the US calendars via Jorte and even though it says that it imports them, it doesn't so I've ended up with a cal app with no holidays at all! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0
I have an issue with Jorte at this time. It does not give me the option to pick central or eastern time. Here is what happens.
I travel to Michigan from Illinois quite frequently. Sometimes while in MI I make my appointments and plans for when I return to Illinois, however... the time changes. (if I enter 2pm while in Detroit it changes to 1 pm when I get into my time zone). I can not find anything in the settings or when I make an appointment. how can I fix this? My Jorte is set up with my google calendar..is it a jorte or google issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones