• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
After using for a bit I got a few things I'd like to point out.

The 3g icon is there (after the APN settings thing) but the arrows never light up. No incoming/outgoing indications. It works but they dont light up.

Sometimes I'll get a freeze. The phone stops responding. It might be related to the Voltage settings I've setup... I'm going to turn it off and check it out.

I wonder if you could include iphone ringtones/notifications without getting into hot water. They're quite freely available online so there must not be any copyright issues but you never know. Including them by default could make things more iphoneish.

Upvote 0
After using for a bit I got a few things I'd like to point out.

The 3g icon is there (after the APN settings thing) but the arrows never light up. No incoming/outgoing indications. It works but they dont light up.

Sometimes I'll get a freeze. The phone stops responding. It might be related to the Voltage settings I've setup... I'm going to turn it off and check it out.

I wonder if you could include iphone ringtones/notifications without getting into hot water. They're quite freely available online so there must not be any copyright issues but you never know. Including them by default could make things more iphoneish.

Well I am glad the apn worked for you also good idea about the ringtone and wallpaper I look into it for the next beta

Hi. How about adding md5 sum to the downloads? Like in the OP next to Beta1 and Beta2 write the md5 sum. That way we can check if we have a corrupt download.

I usually do md5 sum twice. Once on my computer to see if I downloaded the zip intact from the site and once when on the SD card to make sure it transferred properly.

In all fairness I rarely get a corrupt download, unless the file is huge. > 1gb.

PS: Loving the ROM. Nice.

I am happy that you are loving the rom and I'll post the md5 sums

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure everyone has noticed that the Joy Clock is in chinese.

Replacing the appropriate apk in /system/app with the version found in this thread
[Translated] Joyclock for JoyOs - xda-developers
resolves that. Meaning the text is in english.

Perhaps it could be incorporated into the next update.

I also renamed JoyAppStore.apk to JoyAppStore.apk.bak. Removed it from my home screen. Dont see the point since I dont read chinese...

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure everyone has noticed that the Joy Clock is in chinese.

Replacing the appropriate apk in /system/app with the version found in this thread
[Translated] Joyclock for JoyOs - xda-developers
resolves that. Meaning the text is in english.

Perhaps it could be incorporated into the next update.

I also renamed JoyAppStore.apk to JoyAppStore.apk.bak. Removed it from my home screen. Dont see the point since I dont read chinese...

that shouldn't be to hard beta three is almost ready i include the clock

Upvote 0
did you fix the APN reseting?
my brother in law already wants to try it.. but he aint very techy.. and i mean at all...
i dont want to be resetting his apn over the phone everytime he reboots. xP
hope this comes with beta 3 xD
ps though i dont really care for apple.. it looks pretty nice.

Still working on that beta 3 is going to have anycut its a short maker just have to set it up once so it goes striggt to the apn settings with one click that's if I can't figure out how to make it stick

Upvote 0
I was putting icons in folders and one of the folders disappeared. I used the scan icons button when you hit the menu and the app icons showed up again. All the folders I made were gone though.

All the icons moved around so that is kind of a pain if you have everything organized.

Its the launcher doing it beta 3 will have a different launcher that is themeable

Upvote 0
Different launcher? Is that going to interfere with the whole iPhone look of the rom? That would suck.

You're welcome for the help. You did the lion's share of the work. We're just looking up bugs.

It is a different iphone look alike launcher its just a lot more responsive less laggy and has the iphone search panel like the iphone os has

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones