June 18th!?? Really??General

Last Updated:

1. Ayrow

Ayrow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is stupid. I've finally decided to purchase this phone because my BB Storm is on it's last legs. As most of you already know, you can order the phone, but it won't actually be placed until June 18th.
    Knowing what's coming, I am stunned.
    Seriously, is Verizon insane or just stupid??

They should getting this phone into as many hands as possible. Between now and the 18th, the new iPhone will arrive, the Evo, and a couple of other huge phones - each bringing with a reason to skip waiting for the Incredible.

Whether it's HTC or Verizon to blame, they are dropping a major ball.

Advertisement
  2. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

Then wait. There are shortages, VZW can't avoid these. I'd rather wait for the newer, better screen than have a crappy one.

3. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

I think you misread it a bit. It does not say will not ship until the 18th, but that it will have shipped BY the 18th, meaning anytime from now until the 18th it will ship. Judging from the received by thread, it is about a 2 week delay, putting it around the 11th but that can vary by several days based off location and several other factors.

It's also known to be outside of HTC and Verizons hands. There is a shortage of the screens, which IIRC come from Samsung, though I'm not entirely sure thats the one.

4. Ayrow

Not sure what's really going on here, but the rep at the store today told me that the order couldn't even be placed until the 18th. Said it was a store-wide restriction.

Also, I get that Verizon can't help it (or is it HTC), but nobody should be surprised when people quit buying the Incredible or not ordering it at all.
    Quite frankly, when I hear the June 18th date, my first reaction was "well, OK, I guess we'll just get one of the new phones that are coming out in the next week or two instead."

I'll bet I'm not the only one to think the same thing.

5. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

apparently you missed the other however-many threads about this exact same thing. IIRC, the VZW website even SAYS it's backordered. As a matter of fact, I JUST checked it, and the little red bubble says "Will be shipped by 6/22". So why are you surprised?

6. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

Newer/better screen? Did I miss something? Where's that talked about?

7. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Gosh, yes. Whoever heard of a backorder for a new, popular device?

Technology companies always keep up with demand.

THIS IS TOTALLY UNPRECEDENTED IN THE HISTORY OF TIME.

THIS IS OBAMA'S "KATRINA."

8. Ovy

Ovy Well-Known Member

there's an AMOLED shortage (the screen used in the Incredible). It's produced by Samsung. Be mad at them.

9. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

If you don't wanna wait you either find something else, buy one on eBay for 500+, or just suck it up and wait like the rest of us...

10. CyHawk

CyHawk Well-Known Member

Dont say that to loudly, people might believe it!:D

11. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

Call all of your local Best Buy stores. Do it every day, all week. Target Best Buy mobile stores ( the mall stores). You will find one. That is how I found mine.

12. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Well, as someone else said in another post, VZ stores, 3rd party stores/stands and the website are all practically different companies. You should be able to order an INC online, and get it before the 18/22 ( The website lists both dates, not sure what is the correct one for right now, lol )

Either that, or try checking everything verizon within driving distance to see if they have one. Some stores have them in stock, others are back ordered for weeks.

13. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

Do you really think VZW likes having supply shortages just as demand for their new device is at its peak? They're undoubtedly already pushing HTC as hard as they can, and probably HTC is in turn doing its best to squeeze Samsung. But if even they can't do anything, there's not much you and I can do about the situation.

14. brandonhutch

brandonhutch Well-Known Member

Sooooo ... what would you propose to remedy the situation?

GrandMasterB likes this.
  15. Ayrow

Um..I thought I made that clear. I'll probably just buy another phone.

curtisdr likes this.
  16. Az Scooter

Az Scooter Well-Known Member

Can you imagine how htc is feeling? One of the first products they have put to verizon under their own name, a product that is highly soughtvafter, and they got screwed by a vendor with issues. That has to hurt.

17. blkhrt

blkhrt Member

Best buy's around me have a few in stock. I have to wait until the 9th though to get mine, so I hope around then I wont hae to do all this calling to see if any are in stock.

18. Ralphmonster

Ralphmonster Well-Known Member

The only way to get in line to get an Incredible is to place an order. If you wait until June 18th, you will just have to wait another 2-3 weeks to receive your phone. The rep didn't know what they were talking about. Just place your order online today and get in the queue. Every minute there is somebody else placing an order, pushing your delivery date farther out!

GrandMasterB likes this.
  19. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

THIS^ So what are you waiting for? They are already back-ordered to 6/22 since you started this thread so either shit or get of the pot.

20. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Sorry to ruin your Saturday but there is no new screen going onto the device.

People call me the day ruiner.

From my incredible

21. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true gentleman, that I happen to agree with.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  22. Ryd1ZZ

Ryd1ZZ Well-Known Member

What new Verizon phone are you talking about? The iPhone is AT&T and the EVO is Sprint.

23. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I believe he/she is implying they will sign with another carrier because of the Incredible backorder...

24. shark7373

shark7373 Member

Went to my local best buy today and walked out with the Incredible in hand. They got 6 units last night. In fact I checked all the local best buy's around me and 4 of the 5 local stores had stock this morning. My advice, check the BB website today.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  25. chimpy

chimpy Well-Known Member

Gotta go to Best Buy to get this phone...don't be a lemming and order it online.