• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just a quick question(s) on the App Market...

BIG CAT 7

Android Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2010
MICHIGAN
When do you know if an App has been updated? Will it notify you or do you need to check? Also, when you purchase an App and delete it can you just go back and re-download the paid app and it will not charge you again? Just curious. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks..:)

When do you know if an App has been updated? Will it notify you or do you need to check? Also, when you purchase an App and delete it can you just go back and re-download the paid app and it will not charge you again? Just curious. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks..:)

If you download through the app market, I've noticed that if one of your apps has an update, you'll get a notification if you happen to open your Market app. I check on my apps daily on AppBrain anyways which tells me when updates are available as well. If you delete a paid app, you do not have to pay for it again since it is connected through your Google account.

Upvote 0
I manually synched my phone with AppBrain yesterday and got five update notifications. So updates don't seem to work automatically, but I don't know that I have it set to do that (if that's even an option). I'll just have to open AppBrain on my phone more often.

I haven't seen that option, so I just open AppBrain almost daily (part of my waste time/bored routine).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones