• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey guys, just ordered myself the GT2 as a replacement for my ageing Archos tablet which I used mainly as an ereader.. any tips for me and apps that are a must have?

A forum search would most likely reveal many apps for use. All of which you would need to try to see if it will "fit" you. The Play store also has many apps. As a word of advice, you should try to look for apps that are Tablet specific, as these have been written just for that purpose.

Happy findings.

Upvote 0
Had it a few days and getting to grips with it, still can't get the bugger to connect with my computer/kies so just been using myphoneexplorer. Finding that I'm barely turning the computer on now, going to recommend we buy these in for work rather than laptops or pc's

For the whole Kies thing to work, you will need to install the Samsung drivers. Kies is SUPPOSED to do it, but sometimes rooted tablets don't play nice with Kies. You should still be able to connect/transfer files to/from it accessing your explorer.

Upvote 0
Well after many months of debating about going down the tablet road, I finally decided to pull the trigger. I am an android guy and from all the reviews I read, this is the tablet I decided on. I have to say, it is a very nice piece of equipment, however after having it for a week I have decided it really was not worth the purchase. I told myself while using it I would not purchase a blue tooth keyboard. For me if I attached a keyboard to it, it isn't anything different then having my netbook in my lap. It is nice if you just want to look something up quick, but I can also do this with my phone. I guess if I did a lot of social networking or steaming movies, or even playing games maybe I would have a different opinion. I am a developer for a living, so being on the PC all day at work, I just get home and don't really feel like even being on a PC. So for me, this purchase just wasn't worth it.
Like I said, I love the tablet. It's well built, it seems very snappy, it runs the latest Android, I really like the remote app, even though I don’t use it because I have a Harmony Remote already.

Even though I could just return it to the store, I’ll probably just hang onto it. If I use it I do if I don’t oh well. I only bought it to see what all the hype of a tablet was. I am sure for many it is very useful.

Upvote 0
Well after many months of debating about going down the tablet road, I finally decided to pull the trigger. I am an android guy and from all the reviews I read, this is the tablet I decided on. I have to say, it is a very nice piece of equipment, however after having it for a week I have decided it really was not worth the purchase. I told myself while using it I would not purchase a blue tooth keyboard. For me if I attached a keyboard to it, it isn't anything different then having my netbook in my lap. It is nice if you just want to look something up quick, but I can also do this with my phone. I guess if I did a lot of social networking or steaming movies, or even playing games maybe I would have a different opinion. I am a developer for a living, so being on the PC all day at work, I just get home and don't really feel like even being on a PC. So for me, this purchase just wasn't worth it.
Like I said, I love the tablet. It's well built, it seems very snappy, it runs the latest Android, I really like the remote app, even though I don

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones