• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just following orders!

bgtodd1

Lurker
Jul 4, 2010
Hey everybody,

Well, it's about time. I finally got my Android phone. I went with the EVO. Love it. I had my 3g for 2 years while I waited for Google to make a phone which (IMO) was on par with the iPhone.

Now there are a couple of standouts. I loved my phone, but I'm loving this battery-hogging sonofabitch so much. No more jailbreaking (rooting, yes, but that's a whole other story)!

I guess I could ask a question. I installed Advanced Task Killer, and was wondering what of the system tasks I could do away with without crippling my phone. I got rid of all the widjets, and turn my wireless, gps, etc off when I'm not using it.. And my brightness is at like 8%. Anybody got any other ideas or can point me to a thread where this is discussed.

Also, what programs do I need?

The dude at Radioshack ran the OTA so I'm outta luck rooting this bad boy until someone comes up with an RUU to use (I'm still getting used to the Android terminology).

Anyway, the little android guy up top said "Don't be shy, say hi." So (for once) I'm following directions.

So.. Hi all,
ben

p.s. I'm not here to flame, troll, or talk down to anyone. It reminds me of this comic from xkcd.http://xkcd.com/386

p.p.s Anybody know about a good .cbr (comic book) reader? Or can someone point me to a forum where this has already been discussed?

Many thanks,
b.t.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones