• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got Huawei W1 watch, which app to control watch from phone?

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
Hi, i have just got this watch, not really used it yet, i noticed you can download the huawei app on your phone which seems to get really rubbish reviews, so i was wondering do most of you use that appor does the google wear app do the same thing for like all android watches, is that a generic app by google and is it better, or is that for something totally different?

any other tips or advice would be welcome, i have a samsung s6 running android 5.1.1.

regards

James

Wear is the app of choice for me on the Huatch. As far as other advice, use the watch and see what questions pop up. You've found this forum for device specific advice, there is the Android Wear forum for the general discussion of Wear, which since Wear isn't customized you can learn a lot from and get the support of owners of devices such as the Moto 360. Inside of that forum is one of my favorites, the Watch Face where we show of our watch faces and where we have developers announcing new faces on the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones