Just got my 3500, how should I store my 1300?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. jerrad707

jerrad707 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my Seidio 3500mAh today and exchanged it with the stock 1300mAh, but my question is: How should I "store" my stock battery? When I took it out it was almost dead (~15%), should I re-charge it? Is it bad to store it somewhere completely drained like that? I'd like to keep it for use in case I'm in a bind and my new beast dies and I don't have access to an outlet. If I do charge it, how long can I expect that charge to stay on the battery? does it continue to lose juice even if not being used in a phone?

sorry for the 20 questions, but any advice is greatly apreciate. :)

(btw, I don't have a secondary/battery charger, just the USB charger, so I would have to put the old battery back in my phone to charge it)

Advertisement
  2. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

For long-term storage, I'd charge it to about half full, put it in airtight packaging (couple Ziplock bags maybe) with as much air squeezed out as possible and a desiccant pillow or two inside, and put it in the fridge (not the freezer).

It will still lose charge gradually, but this will help.

jerrad707 likes this.
  3. wujekcity

wujekcity New Member

i am looking to purchase the seido 3500 battery....will it fit in my stock phone..or will i have to buy a new backing?

4. GrahamTheMan

GrahamTheMan Active Member

it come with the back case on ebay if you buy it from there

5. Montana Man

Montana Man Well-Known Member

The 3500mAh battery ships with a replacement back, making your Incredible about 5mm thicker than it is now.

6. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

This really depends what you are going for. If it is a full battery ready to be used in a pinch, charge to 100 and keep it cool.

If you are going for long term storage with as little performance degradation, do the same but keep the charge in the 65% to 40% levels. That is the more stable state for the crystal lattice structures within the battery.

-Nkk

7. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

Might i also suggest an external charger.... You will see a better charge and longer battery operation...

I have 2 of the 1800 batteries.... at night I normally charge one in the external charger and the other battery in phone (cradle to charge)... In the morning I swap them out... but I get a couple of extra hours on batteries charged in the external than charged in the phone...

Lego