• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Just got my 3500, how should I store my 1300?

jerrad707

Oct 5, 2010
I just got my Seidio 3500mAh today and exchanged it with the stock 1300mAh, but my question is: How should I "store" my stock battery? When I took it out it was almost dead (~15%), should I re-charge it? Is it bad to store it somewhere completely drained like that? I'd like to keep it for use in case I'm in a bind and my new beast dies and I don't have access to an outlet. If I do charge it, how long can I expect that charge to stay on the battery? does it continue to lose juice even if not being used in a phone?

sorry for the 20 questions, but any advice is greatly apreciate. :)

(btw, I don't have a secondary/battery charger, just the USB charger, so I would have to put the old battery back in my phone to charge it)

This really depends what you are going for. If it is a full battery ready to be used in a pinch, charge to 100 and keep it cool.

If you are going for long term storage with as little performance degradation, do the same but keep the charge in the 65% to 40% levels. That is the more stable state for the crystal lattice structures within the battery.

-Nkk

Upvote 0
Might i also suggest an external charger.... You will see a better charge and longer battery operation...

I have 2 of the 1800 batteries.... at night I normally charge one in the external charger and the other battery in phone (cradle to charge)... In the morning I swap them out... but I get a couple of extra hours on batteries charged in the external than charged in the phone...

Lego

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones