• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got MyTouch tonight, (New to Android OS)

xxteargodxx

Apr 18, 2010
Jersey City, NJ
Hi everyone, I just want to say that I've gone ahead and traded away my BlackBerry Curve 8520 to somebody I met on Craigs List in return for a MyTouch 3G. The phone seems to be in fine condition, it turns on and off no problem everything seems to be fully functional.

The phone has scratches on the edges of it but are covered with a gel cover I have on it. The touch screen is fine and flawless no scratches there. I've checked under the battery and all the numbers are there and the square/circle is white so that means there is no liquid damage to the phone.

Only thing that seems to be odd is that the person I traded phones with I seem to be getting his texts..Whoever texts him I can see it but I don't think I can see the ones he is sending out (And I don't want to). I haven't called T-Mobile yet to activate the Droid Internet and stuff or to reset it yet, I'll have them walk me through it.

Should I notify T-Mobile of how I got the phone from someone through Craigs List and also should I notify them that I am receiving his texts? We DID keep our SIM Cards I put mine in the phone, and when I make a call to my house phone my cell phone number does show up.

Okay well I called T-Mobile told them I was changing my phone, didn't even have to give them the run down of how I got it cause the woman never asked.

Only problem is that since I'm on a flex pay account, I have to wait until my next billing section for the data services to start, which thank god is only on April 20th.

She walked me through resetting the phone back to factory settings as well which I will have to finish setting it up on Tuesday (April 20th) When I have data service to sign into my gmail account.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, I just want to say that I've gone ahead and traded away my BlackBerry Curve 8520 to somebody I met on Craigs List in return for a MyTouch 3G. The phone seems to be in fine condition, it turns on and off no problem everything seems to be fully functional.

The phone has scratches on the edges of it but are covered with a gel cover I have on it. The touch screen is fine and flawless no scratches there. I've checked under the battery and all the numbers are there and the square/circle is white so that means there is no liquid damage to the phone.

Only thing that seems to be odd is that the person I traded phones with I seem to be getting his texts..Whoever texts him I can see it but I don't think I can see the ones he is sending out (And I don't want to). I haven't called T-Mobile yet to activate the Droid Internet and stuff or to reset it yet, I'll have them walk me through it.

Should I notify T-Mobile of how I got the phone from someone through Craigs List and also should I notify them that I am receiving his texts? We DID keep our SIM Cards I put mine in the phone, and when I make a call to my house phone my cell phone number does show up.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

you will need to do a factory reset and register the phone under your google email account ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones