Just had Kitkat installed on S4General

1. tablet2011

tablet2011 Well-Known Member

Just had a update to install Kitkat(4.3) on my new S4 here in the UK.

So though i would let others know that it is now being rolled out here in the UK.

But my Tab 2 tablet has not got it yet.

Advertisement
  2. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

did you mean 4.4?
  3. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

No you haven't! :rolleyes:

Android 4.3 is Jelly Bean and has been out for the last 5 months.

See, Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares

KitKat is Android 4.4.2 and has only been released thus far on the S4 Google Edition, GT-i9505G.
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

5. tablet2011

tablet2011 Well-Known Member

Sorry i though 4.3 was Kitkat so i got it wrong and now know that 4.3 is Jellybean.
    dustwun77 likes this.
  6. superflyguy

superflyguy Member

There is something being rolled out, I did a manual check today, but the maximum amount of OTA downloads have been exceeded, but you can update over Kies, I'm away from home til tomorrow so can't check what it is.
  7. tim1989

tim1989 Well-Known Member

I have just done a manual check and it told me my device has been modified! I'm not rooted, my last update was an OTA. Still on 4.3 any ideas?
  8. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Try restarting your phone or pulling the battery, on some of the custom roms I use sometimes it says official and sometimes it says modified.

Why it happen on a stock rom without root I don't know.
  9. murzz

murzz Well-Known Member

Phone off, memory card out then back in, power phone back on. Should sort it.
  10. youradds

youradds Active Member

I wish they would get 4.4 out... I thought it was supposed to start getting rolled out beginning of Feb?
  11. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

:D February has 28 days this year. So, any time up to and including the 14th of February, (Valentines Day for you romantics), would count as the beginning of February. However, do not bet your bottom dollar on this as there have been a few delays in KitKat for the S4 which has seen it go through 4.4, 4.4.1 and now, currently, on Android 4.4.2. Most of the pundits are saying that the initial rollout could be February or even March and that could be to just one model, with the other models and carrier branded variants following over weeks or months, (bear in mind the 4.3 rollout). So far, the Google Edition, GT-i9505G, is the only S4 that has KitKat as it is on, almost, pure Android without any Samsung Touchwiz or carrier add-ons.