• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just ordered my unlocked Z play

fartblossom

Oct 24, 2011
Bestbuy has a preorder deal going on with a free incipio moto mod battery pack, and 12 month same as cash if you use a bestbuy card. Plus I got 45 bucks off for applying for the card.

Upgrading from a 2.5 year old Nexus 5. Loved the nexus program in theory, especially the early updates. But in reality, found that the updates usually broke something. Like right now, I don't get the "bing" noise when I invoke "ok google". Makes it hard to tell if it heard me. Plus Google isn't updating it to Nougat, even though it's less than 3 years old.

The super amoled screen will be the same resolution, but bigger, and more important, won't disappear every time I turn the phone sideways while wearing polarized sunglasses. (which I wear driving).

And the battery life on the 5 was always mediocre at best. I went to a Cowboy game, took along a portable battery charger, ran through both batteries before I got home.

Hoping someone will make a tpu case for phone+batt pack.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones