• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just ordered my VZW Droid X

RinMD

Lurker
Jul 27, 2010
Will be shipped on 8/4 with 2-day FEDEX. I'm pretty psyched.

I was at the mall tonight and played around with one and it blew me away. Web browsing is tremendous, as was watching an HD movie trailer on YouTube. It was almost like a tiny laptop or handheld HD TV in terms of the sheer quality of playback and picture clarity; sound was coming through very nicely, too. And the browser--well, with the 4.3" high-resolution screen...no more of that teeny tiny screen real estate and painful panning! It was also very, very fast. Windows 6.0 (on my current phone) is not even worth comparing. I have seen a demo of Windows 7 and was impressed. Nevertheless, Android takes 2nd fiddle to no one, far as I can tell.

I was able to apply my instant $100.00 rebate online, too, so I got it for $199.00. Online ordering also allowed me to dump the cost into my next bill, which will be in September. NICE. Otherwise, it would've been an immediate and substantial chunk into a credit card. This way, it allows me to easily save up over the next month. I was eligible for an early upgrade and could've saved another $30.00 with "new-every-two" in November but I just "had" to have it now instead of waiting another 4 months. ;-)

I don't know why I would need a laptop on the next vacation, really. I'll still probably bring one, but man, that a phone would even cause me to say that speaks volumes...

Looking forward to this forum to learn about the Droid X and other fun Android stuff!

Yup! I have the X. You won't be disappointed! It's a fantastic device. Welcome to Android Forums!

Thank you very much! I haven't had a Motorola phone in years, but it looks like they're back with a vengeance with this device. I am very happy!

The waiting will be hard, but hey...it's just a little over a week before some joy. I'll just spend the next few days learning as much as I can.

Thanks again! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones