• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just rooted, what next?

Kieloh

Dec 26, 2011
Ireland
Okay so I rooted the phone, S-Off and I installed a Custom ROM (RunnyMede AIO V3.0.5)

That came with Daemon Controller, which I gave Superuser access to, it also came with FasterFix, AdFree & MarketEnabler which asked for SuperUser, but I don't know anything about them...

Is there any apps available on root only phones that anyone can recommend, or anything else I should do now that I have rooted the phone?

Regards,
Kieloh:eek:

Okay so I rooted the phone, S-Off and I installed a Custom ROM (RunnyMede AIO V3.0.5)

That came with Daemon Controller, which I gave Superuser access to, it also came with FasterFix, AdFree & MarketEnabler which asked for SuperUser, but I don't know anything about them...

Is there any apps available on root only phones that anyone can recommend, or anything else I should do now that I have rooted the phone?

Regards,
Kieloh:eek:
FasterFix shortens the time it takes for the GPS to get a fix on your position. Works for me and anyone whose phone takes an abnormally long time to get a lock.

AdFree blocks ads in apps but I don't use it as I don't mind developers making free apps supported with ad revenue.

MarketEnabler gives your Market access to apps that are restricted to certain countries.

Titanium Backup is a must for apps. You can get Mybackup Root to backup SMS, dictionaries, alarms. Open Garden Wifi is excellent for tethering.

You might also want to try the UOT website to cook up a nice, personally customised theme for your ROM.

Reactions: Kieloh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones