• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just signed up

Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining up!!

The SGS II is a nice piece of kit... certainly worth considering :) I'm sure I've heard that the SGS II will be getting Ice Cream Sandwich! :D

My advice would be to get as much Android as you can afford, as the higher end devices certainly offer a better Android experience. I had a go with my mother in law's phone (can't remember what it was now), but was left disappointed in comparison to my Desire HD, as the overall Android experience was simply not as good!

I would also suggest that you get yourself to a shop and get a bit of hands on time with any phone you are considering, as you may find that you don't like the feel of the phone in your hands... my wife has the SGS (ok, it's not the SGS II, but it is by the same manufacturer) and I don't think it feels as solid in my hands as the DHD!

Hope you manage to make the right decision for you and that you find this place useful!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones