• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just wanted to share my scare {Tasker}

So I was playing around with Tasker today. I wanted to set up a Low Power mode so that I could click a widget and certain tasks would be performed, namely:
Wifi Off
Bluetooth Off
APN Off
Screen Brightness lowered
Screen Timeout lowered etc etc etc

So I set it up and tested it. All fine.

Once I had set the widget up I wanted to turn my APN etc back on, however APNdroid was not having any effect.

So I tried using Extended controls to get APN back - no such luck.

I did some searching and found that uninstalling or reinstalling APNdroid can get your APN back. So I did this but still no luck. I then realised I had no way of getting APNdroid reinstalled as I had no available Wifi.

Eventually I downloaded a copy to my laptop and copied it across via usb. Still no good. I was starting to panic.

In total I have spent 4 hours today tring to find an answer. I was in the process of putting up a post to ask for help when I decided I would try editing the APN settings manually. Thank god I did.

Turns out Extended Controls and APN Droid had both tried to edit the APN settings at the same time and had changed them to a value neither could reset. So I manually removed the APN settings and put them back in and.... voila, APN is back.

So I guess I learned two things:

1. Dont have two different programs turning on and off your APN
2. Sometimes you can fix things yourself without looking/asking for help online!

Who would've thunk it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones