• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Justice System Broken

where to begin? lets see....

well of course we have to recognize that NONE of us know all the facts of the zimmerman case.... although as they are filtering out daily, so far they all seem to point to martin ("the innocent young black man who just wanted a bag of skittles") issuing a beat down on zimmerman just moments before his death.... we do however know the facts of the Vick case (he confessed and agreed to a plea bargain to avoid life in prison)

but lets contrast your examples of rich people walking and racism

a rich black man who confessed to operating an interstate dog fighting ring was convicted and sent to prison

vs

a poor white/hispanic man who claims self defense and all evidence as well as an eye witness indicate the it was self defense is so far not charged for committing no crime....... although thanks to outside pressure there is continuing investigation

yep youre right....... rich man goes to prison..... poor man is so far free.... clearly money talks

but yes I do agree there is racism involved in the zimmerman case...... being brought about by the likes of Jesse Jackson and his followers..... so yes the justice system is broken...... zimmerman will eventually be charged with something and sent to prison to appease the racists who are marching in the streets

Upvote 0
The young teenager beat down of a 200+ pound man armed with a weapon, sounds odd to me. A real thug would have taken his weapon after beating him down. Once Zimmerman pulled his weapon, why didn't he hold the young man for the police? Listening to the police recording, Zimmerman told the police of a suspicous person and the police replied to stop following him and they would handle it. He continued to follow the teenager. I would assume anyone would be leary if a stranger was following you.

I've never known any poor people live in gated communities, most are expensive to rent or buy. Who said Zimmerman was a poor person?

Michael Vicks did get a bum rap, a harsh sentence for not being directly involved in dog fighting. These are animals who are bred to fight.

Just how I see these situations. And there are alot of cases where innocent people are convicted of crimes they didn't commit.

Upvote 0
As an Android Forums moderator, my spidey sense is tingling on this thread. This is a hot/emotional issue. So, in order to allay my spidey sense, I want to put this out there. This thread will stay open as long as folks stay civil to one another.

Remember, use the report button, and let us know if something breaks the rules. Please don't attack each other, but show respect, especially if you disagree.

Nothing is wrong here, yet, I'm just putting a yellow caution flag out there as a public service announcement. "An ounce of prevention is the best medicine."

Upvote 0
I think it's impossible to get an accurate picture on this case. The one man is saying one thing, witnesses say another thing. Police reports/911 dispatch show one thing. And the one point of view that we really need to hear is from a dead child.

It's sad.

That being said, I definitely think the judicial system is broken. Take a step back from this case and look at celebrities. A woman gets drunk, crashes her car, violates parole and .... we'll see you next Saturday on SNL.

....okay.

Upvote 0
Which is needed because not all the facts are known at this time.

I agree with this completely. Yet we see people everywhere making knee jerk reactions and breaking out their torches and pitchforks when we don't know all the facts. We have no idea if there's a great travesty of justice being carried out here or if the guy was completely and totally justified. We don't know. Yet people are ready to have this guy drawn and quartered.

So far, we've got the following situation:

Zimmerman is walking around on "patrol" and he's armed. He sees someone he thinks is "suspicious" and calls 911. Now, Zimmerman is just a civilian who's likely a bit overzealous. Martin is just walking home from the store. We have no idea why he thought Martin was suspicious. We don't know if there was a racial component or not, but that's completely and totally irrelevant.

Zimmerman calls 911 to report the guy and tells the dispatcher he's going to follow him. The dispatcher tells him not to do this. This is standard 911 advice from any dispatcher who knows what they're doing. If the dispatcher says nothing, then the family can sue the dispatcher as well. So the dispatcher does the CYA thing. Zimmerman follows anyway. Martin is on the phone with his girlfriend and tells her that someone is following him. Then there is some kind of confrontation. There seems to be no disagreement on events up to this point.

By all accounts the confrontation escalates. Zimmerman's story is that Martin attacked him from behind, kicked his ass and apparently the cops found him with injuries that were consistent with that story. According to him, Martin tried to get his gun, but he got it first and shot Martin or there was a struggle over the gun that ended with Martin being shot. IF those facts are true, then Zimmerman is a clear case of self defense albeit he escalated the situation to where he had to defend himself so he's not entirely faultless.

Other stories say that the confrontation never escalated beyond verbal or that Zimmerman instigated the physical confrontation and then shot Martin after he was already on the ground and subdued.

At the end of the day, we don't know who's story is correct. Until we do, isn't it silly to jump to any conclusion at all?

Reactions: IOWA and saptech
Upvote 0
The reason I will say Zimmerman committed murder is one of the 911 calls where you hear someone scream, "HELP ME" and then you hear a gunshot that silences the cries for help. It stopped my blood cold hearing it and I still don't understand why the police did not arrest or at the very least detain Zimmerman. I think the local or national media should at least find out what connections, if any Zimmerman has to the local law enforcement as well as the local politicians in the area. It seems like he received preferential treatment, and in my opinion he's a murderer.

Reactions: saptech
Upvote 0
Now we have more details about George Zimmerman that hasn't been told. Even though info has come out about the teenager being kicked out of school.

Zimmerman came to Florida to work with his godfather, but when he got here, he had run-ins with the law. In 2005, he was arrested for battery on a law enforcement officer and obstructing justice. While he was fighting that case, his ex-fianc

Upvote 0
The reason I will say Zimmerman committed murder is one of the 911 calls where you hear someone scream, "HELP ME" and then you hear a gunshot that silences the cries for help. It stopped my blood cold hearing it and I still don't understand why the police did not arrest or at the very least detain Zimmerman. I think the local or national media should at least find out what connections, if any Zimmerman has to the local law enforcement as well as the local politicians in the area. It seems like he received preferential treatment, and in my opinion he's a murderer.

Who was the cry coming from? Zimmerman or Martin? If Martin, then I am inclined to agree with you. If Zimmerman, then his story may be accurate. Whether self-defense holds up or not is questionable since he did ignore the dispatcher's request to not follow the guy.

Now we have more details about George Zimmerman that hasn't been told. Even though info has come out about the teenager being kicked out of school.

Let the truth be told and justice be done!

Why is this information relevant at all? The guy could've been convicted of killing 14 people in the past and this still be self-defense. The guys past (and the victim's past for that matter) are irrelevant.

Upvote 0
So you are saying Zimmerman knew this kid was involved in burglaries in that neighborhood?

Miami-Dade Police confirmed that it had been asked by school police to help identify the property taken from Martin's backpack. It notified school police that the jewelry did not match any that had been reported stolen.
The thing about this case it seems the media and/or others are trying to discredit the victim instead of pursuing the murderer. And the so-called burglary tool was a screwdriver.

Upvote 0
just sayin...... zimmermans past is no more relevant to a jury than the fact that he was following what he suspected may be a burglar........ who turns out was a burglar

and yes you are correct........ a flathead screwdriver along with 12 pieces of jewelry........ very common items found in school backpacks

and yes you are correct...... everyone wants to discredit the victim..... no media or anyone else is disparaging zimmerman at all..... right?

Upvote 0
Right, since the pressure has been brought on Zimmerman, more and more truth about him is coming out. This wannabe cop, disrepected the police, so we know what he may do to civilians.

Again, I don't understand some people's thinking. Take the Vicks case again. This man may have funded money to someone he know, who invested in a dog fighting ring. So then he's arrested for and serve time for that.

Here zimmerman kills an innocent kid because he thought, think, looks like a criminal, in cold blood and walks.

Something not right!

Upvote 0
It is relevant, to a jury, etc. If Zimmerman has a past history of violence, then it cast doubt on his credibility.

It's not relevant at all if solid facts can be established and there's no jury involved at this point. It's like people throwing around the racial profiling accusation. It's completely irrelevant even if it is true.

Upvote 0
Solid facts have been established that he has a history of violence, so that would make it relevent. This is another example of his violent side. From the facts I've seen/read so far, he didn't have to murder the kid.

Zimmerman's story is that the kid attacked him, punched him the face, basically kicked his ass, then reached for Zimmerman's gun. At that point Zimmerman, fearing for his life, shot the kid. That's his story. We don't know what Martin's story is as he's dead so all we're left with is Zimmerman's story and a bunch of eyewitness accounts. Some of those accounts are consistent with Zimmerman's story and some are not. If Zimmerman's account is 100% truthful, then you've got manslaughter at worst (since it could be argued he instigated the incident by following the kid) and self-defense at best.

If you want to press murder charges against this guy, then you need some pretty solid evidence. I haven't seen anything like that so far. If you pressed the charges anyway, any decent defense lawyer could easily bring up enough witnesses to cast reasonable doubt and your case falls apart. Painting Zimmerman as a cold-blooded murderer may be politically fun, but there doesn't seem to be enough evidence to back that accusation up.

Upvote 0
Personally, I think Zimmerman's actions directly caused whatever the situation was and as such he should stand trial. Legally, the evidence is not sufficient at this point, you can not charge someone with murder without sufficient evidence or as A.Nonymous (wow, we're on the same side for once;)) stated any decent defense attorney would rip it to shreds.

As far as the media and political storm, this needs to stop immediately! It is nothing more than an attempt to push political, racial and gun control agendas to new heights. Look at the murders since that were racially motivated against whites, they barely get a mention but the entire country has to have this case rammed down its throat.

Obama, Jackson, Sharpton and the rest are riding the tide to ensure votes come November. I find this despicable and unworthy of anyone, least of all our political leaders.

I am quoting Jan Morgan's Facebook post about Niger Innes here, it sums this up perfectly and comes from a black man (there goes any chance Obama, et al can shoot it down as a racially motivated statement) who has a very good grasp of the situation.

""Niger Innis (black republican commentator) on Hannity a few moments ago made the most profound statement about Jackson, Sharpton, the Panthers and all black people who are protesting and raging about the Trayvon Martin case...

He says the black people who are throwing out all the racist rhetoric and protesting "are actually devaluing the lives of their own race.."
In other words, he said, "out of all the black teens murdered, (93% percent by black adults), they only get upset if that black life is taken by a white person..
In other words, the black life only has value worth raging about if his life is taken by a white man." -NIGER INNIS""

He's right, wheres the outrage the other 93% of the time? This is being used as a tool to curry power and we are feeding right into it.

The American public is being led around by the nose and told what they need to vote, believe, follow, get upset about, etc. all in the interest of government and corporate power. It is time we wake up and realize this is our country, time to take it back.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
George Zimmerman Unprotected By Self-Defense Law in Trayvon Martin Killing, Florida Lawmakers Say

Dennis Baxley, a Republican state representative and co-author of the 2005 self-defense law, said Zimmerman negated his ability to claim immunity under the law by chasing Martin.

"This law is for innocent, law-abiding citizens who are under attack by a perpetrator," Baxley told The Huffington Post. "Anyone who is out pursuing and confronting people is not protected by this statute."

"I think they need to go back and read the statute," Baxley said, referring to the Sanford Police Department.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones