• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K9 Mail Updates

Forts

Aug 6, 2010
A quick question about K9 mail and it's recent updates... Why are there seemingly 2 update paths being used? If you take a look over at Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code you will see there are currently 3.2x and 3.3x updates being pushed out at the same time. Whats the difference between the two? I can't seem to find any explanation of it on the site. Perhaps one is the 'stable' branch while the other is the 'development' branch?

I'm not sure why they do this. My guess would be two different development camps doing the updating. It seems usually one gets phased out.

Typically I don't download the "newest" version. But I do download the newest one marked 'feature' or 'market'. If the K9 works don't be TOO worried about updating all the time.

I wish I could get past the stupid winmail.dat from Outlook though. :( Some people don't understand "quit sending me rich text emails with attachments!".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones