1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

K9 Mail Updates

Last Updated:

1. Forts

Forts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A quick question about K9 mail and it's recent updates... Why are there seemingly 2 update paths being used? If you take a look over at Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code you will see there are currently 3.2x and 3.3x updates being pushed out at the same time. Whats the difference between the two? I can't seem to find any explanation of it on the site. Perhaps one is the 'stable' branch while the other is the 'development' branch?

Advertisement
  2. joetama

joetama Member

I'm not sure why they do this. My guess would be two different development camps doing the updating. It seems usually one gets phased out.

Typically I don't download the "newest" version. But I do download the newest one marked 'feature' or 'market'. If the K9 works don't be TOO worried about updating all the time.

I wish I could get past the stupid winmail.dat from Outlook though. :( Some people don't understand "quit sending me rich text emails with attachments!".

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

It's very confusing. I once went to the path that wasn't in the market and I lost my settings.

I've decided to only download market releases and I've been fine since.

4. Forts

Forts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info guys!