• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K9/Thunderbird sync issue! Help!

taiche

Lurker
Jul 26, 2010
Hi everyone,

Just joined the forums, hope I'm in the right place. Not too tech-savvy so I'd appreciate any help you may have.

I've had a Droid for sometime and I use it to check my work e-mail. I run K-9 on it since the built-in e-mail app crashes way too often on me. I ran Outlook 2003 on my work laptop although recently after upgrading my laptop to Windows 7, I decided to give Thunderbird a try on recommendation from many people. I set up an IMAP connection to get my work e-mail on it.

However, my problem is this. In the past, I would check e-mail on my Droid (mark as read), then when I went to Outlook the e-mail would still be unread (this is my preference). With Thunderbird however, if I check my mail on the Droid, it shows up as already read in Thunderbird. I get a ton of mail regularly, and skim through it on the Droid. However, I want to keep them unread on Thunderbird so that once I'm at a computer, I can make sure I don't miss responding to anything.

I spoke to a friend and was told that usually people prefer the reverse (mark as read on droid -> mark as read on thunderbird) and that it may have something to do with IMAP syncing on the Droid. However, I haven't changed anything on my Droid, and only switched from Outlook to Thunderbird. Does anyone have any advice or can point me to some documentation, especially if this is indeed a Thunderbird issue.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones