• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keep Calendar from changing time zones

Dabrador

Android Enthusiast
Oct 16, 2009
Hello all. As you know, the Droid automatically converts everything to where you are. This is a great thing. I have one exception though.

I use Outlook calendar at work and enter all appointments, flights, meetings, everything for the exact time for where I am.

For example, I'm in the eastern time zone. Let's say I have a meeting on the west coast and it starts at 8am PST. So I enter the meeting in Outlook for 8am.

When I travel to the west coast, the Droid knows that so it converts everything. So now my meeting shows up on my calendar at 5am.

I know I could input everything at the proper local time, but that would be too much work in figuring out time changes.

Is there a way to keep the calendar from changing to the local time so that my meetings, flights, etc are showing at the time I originally set them up?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones