[FONT=Symbol, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]s δ@

Can anyone shed any light on this?

[/FONT][/FONT]

Advertisement
  2. Garnett

Garnett Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just found this thread:

Blank SMS from "Δ@" ?!? - xda-developers

Like the OP there, I have a HTC (a Desire HD) on Orange UK. I got the phone through CPW, and when I spoke to Orange they said they hadn't released the Desire HD on Orange yet because they were testing it. I wonder if this is the sort of bug Orange iron out before they start supplying the phone to their customers...

3. CaitlinY

CaitlinY New Member

I'm the same, I've got an HTC Desire on Orange UK, it's from mobiles.co.uk (a subsidiary of CPW) and I get them all the time. But HTC Desires are definitely released on Orange, I'm thinking it must be CPW if that's where yours is from too?

4. Mendip5000

Mendip5000 New Member

I get this (just received one) and have HTC Desire on Orange but not CPW.

5. Nelix

Nelix New Member

I also get this. I have an HTC Desire HD which I got directly through Orange. It seems to happen only after my phone has been off. It may be when people have tried to call.

6. kiikii

kiikii New Member

Hi,I have and HTC Desire Z on Orange from CPW (iv notice a slight trend) and i've been getting these text from δ@ for a while, the 1st two times I opened it my phone when crazy, all my text messages got deleted, the ringer volume kept going up and down (by its self):eek: and the screen kept flashing between ultra bright white light and screen off :confused:.

Needless to say I've since not opened any of these messages again and delete it immediately.

They come very randomly, nothing (so far) to do with voicmail or having my phone off for a while, my phone is also upto date - my husband has the exact same issue with the same phone.

Any new info on this or any other ideas?

Thank you :D