• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep getting a text message from @

Just found this thread:

Blank SMS from "Δ@" ?!? - xda-developers

Like the OP there, I have a HTC (a Desire HD) on Orange UK. I got the phone through CPW, and when I spoke to Orange they said they hadn't released the Desire HD on Orange yet because they were testing it. I wonder if this is the sort of bug Orange iron out before they start supplying the phone to their customers...

Upvote 0
Bit of an odd one this...

Every now and again I get a blank text. The sender is stated a
[FONT=Symbol, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]s δ@

Can anyone shed any light on this?

[/FONT][/FONT]

Hi,I have and HTC Desire Z on Orange from CPW (iv notice a slight trend) and i've been getting these text from δ@ for a while, the 1st two times I opened it my phone when crazy, all my text messages got deleted, the ringer volume kept going up and down (by its self):eek: and the screen kept flashing between ultra bright white light and screen off :thinking:.

Needless to say I've since not opened any of these messages again and delete it immediately.

They come very randomly, nothing (so far) to do with voicmail or having my phone off for a while, my phone is also upto date - my husband has the exact same issue with the same phone.

Any new info on this or any other ideas?

Thank you :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones