keep losing mobile internet connection while tetheringSupport

Last Updated:

1. justinope

justinope Member This Topic's Starter

anyone else having this problem? using 2.1 under caulkin's kernel. it seems like I can kind of overload the phone doing too much and the mobile network connection on my phone will disappear completely. this is while downloading something that may download too fast, sometimes it happens loading .GIF images too. I'll have to restart the phone to get the internet back. this happens no matter if I'm using wireless, USB or bluetooth tethering.

any ideas?

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

I get this a lot. It was recently suggested to me that this might have to do with having wifi enabled, so I'm turning it off.

3. dannyniceboy

dannyniceboy Member

Moments are notorious for their 3G locking up, I tether ~10 hours a day while at my weekend job and usually have to restart my phone 3-4 times.... pain in the ass but o'well. Also from what I have read the 3g lock up is hardware related so it is unlikely it will ever be fixed. This lock up also happens during normal phone use like pandora, browsing the internet etc so it is not a result of tethering.

4. justinope

justinope Member This Topic's Starter

alright I disabled everything while tethering and havent had a problem yet so we'll see :)

5. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

Underclocking the CPU may help while tethering.

6. meangene

meangene Well-Known Member

I've tethered with barnicle (barnacle?) and streamed 850MB+ from netflix and didn't have any issues (using stock 2.1 w/root ). No underclocking required for this app. I do get the stupid lockups sometimes like everyone else and I'm looking into writing an app that will reset the 3g connection without having to reboot the phone.