• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help keep losing mobile internet connection while tethering

justinope

Lurker
May 22, 2010
anyone else having this problem? using 2.1 under caulkin's kernel. it seems like I can kind of overload the phone doing too much and the mobile network connection on my phone will disappear completely. this is while downloading something that may download too fast, sometimes it happens loading .GIF images too. I'll have to restart the phone to get the internet back. this happens no matter if I'm using wireless, USB or bluetooth tethering.

any ideas?

thanks!

Moments are notorious for their 3G locking up, I tether ~10 hours a day while at my weekend job and usually have to restart my phone 3-4 times.... pain in the ass but o'well. Also from what I have read the 3g lock up is hardware related so it is unlikely it will ever be fixed. This lock up also happens during normal phone use like pandora, browsing the internet etc so it is not a result of tethering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones