keep losing the usb connection after mountedSupport

Last Updated:

1. evilbeef54

evilbeef54 Well-Known Member

Okay this is starting to irk me, i've been trying to teather using PDA net through my stock USB cable, i plug in the cable the phone and computer reconize eachother i mount the cable through the notification bar, start PDA net, everything works great, i start watching a show on and get 15-20 minutes in when i get the usb device being disconnected tone, look over at the phone and it says preparing SD card as if i had unmounted it, if i try to unplug the usb and plug it back in it charges but i never get the notification to mount the cable again. I have to power off the phone and power back on to fix this. WTH is going on here, i know a lot of people were having issues getting the usb connection going but that appears to be fixed by removing and reseating the sd card, which i have done many times. I will have a perfect connection with the laptop and phone sitting still on a table when i randomly lose the connection and have to reset the phone. Any ideas?

2. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

there were previous issues with network connections interfering and such... take a look at this faq... maybe it'll help out: PdaNet FAQ
  3. evilbeef54

i'll try that, thanks, although im not sure if its an issue with PDA net or the phone, because when i lose the connection i cant even mount the phone back to the computer at all to transfer data or read the card with out having to reset the phone
  4. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

i get that occasionally as well when i disconnect the phone and then reconnect it, the computer doesn't recognize it. not sure the rhyme or reason...
  5. evilbeef54

Yeah I have no idea why it does this, it is terribly annoying as teathering is the only way I can get my laptop online right now
  6. nilknarf78

nilknarf78 New Member

Did anyone find a solution to this issue?
  7. dforsythe88

dforsythe88 New Member

I hope one of you computer wizzes can help with this issue. I'm in the same boat, this is the only way I can get internet on my laptop. I depend on this connection to look for jobs! It is most annoying to say the least to have to constantly reboot everything, then I have to download the USB drivers AGAIN for my computer to recognize my phone. I'm going to try the above suggestion and hope that works! Thank you!