• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [MS500] Freedom Kernel Overclocked **Updated 6/17/15**

Yes that guide can help. As for voltage you have to play with it till you find a sweet spot and it can vary for different android versions for the same phone (i.e. kk may need less volt than jb). Download the LG kernel source from HERE which comes with build instructions. Good luck, you're on your own from here lol.

Reactions: Dastardly Muffin
Upvote 0
Yes that guide can help. As for voltage you have to play with it till you find a sweet spot and it can vary for different android versions for the same phone (i.e. kk may need less volt than jb). Download the LG kernel source from HERE which comes with build instructions. Good luck, you're on your own from here lol.
Thank you!! This will be my project for the next couple of weeks.

Upvote 0
My recommended settings to use on a daily basis.

For optimal performance and battery life...

• interactive or intellidemand governor
  • 1.4 ghz overclock
  • 384 mhz min
  • cfq scheduler
My recommended settings to use on a daily basis.

For optimal performance and battery life...

• interactive or intellidemand governor
  • 1.4 ghz overclock
  • 384 mhz min
  • cfq scheduler

please where can i make these changes after flashing the freedom kernel

Upvote 0
That was what I had. Where did I go wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-12-10-52-08.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-12-10-52-08.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0
Kernel Updated

Freedom Kernel now available in the Play Store! :)

I developed a CPU app that can install the kernel for you and change kernel settings like governors and clock speeds. The app can also monitor some system and kernel parameters.

KERNEL CHANGES:
  • Increased overclock to 1.512 ghz
  • Added underclock to 192 mhz
  • Added intelliactive and wheatley governors
SCREENSHOT:
7992235_orig.png

2175381_orig.png

;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kernel Updated

Freedom Kernel now available in the Play Store! :)

I developed a CPU app that can install the kernel for you and change kernel settings like governors and clock speeds. The app can also monitor some system and kernel parameters.

KERNEL CHANGES:
  • Increased overclock to 1.512 ghz
  • Added underclock to 192 mhz
  • Added intelliactive and wheatley governors
SCREENSHOT:
7992235_orig.png

2175381_orig.png

;)

I just updated the kernel again ;)

Changes:
Added more underclock to 192 mhz (excellent battery savings)

Note:
I updated post #314 to reflect today's change.

Upvote 0
What's special about the Wheatley governor? I've tried looking up what it does but I'm a little confused. I'm looking to use a governor that gives me the highest clock when needed but saves battery when I don't need it. Is intellidemand the one I should use for that? Sorry for my n00b question :/

You can lookup governors HERE. I use intellidemand for a good balance.

Upvote 0
So I've got a new monster kernel I've been working on. I'll be uploading it to the play store soon. Google takes about 2-3 hours to push the update to your phones.

This kernel is a gamers wet dream lol. Very high performance!

I'll list all the added new features once it's posted. In the meantime simmer on this insanely high benchmark...

q2.png

I'll let you guys know when its posted.

:cool: ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones