• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard Case Combo (bluetooth)???

JerryB

Dec 1, 2009
Is anyone else frustrated by the fact that there is not OEM keyboard case combo? It is frustrating to have to carry a separate bluetooth keyboard around. I realize a 7" tab's keyboard size would be small but still A LOT more functional than the on screen keyboard for longer emails, and writing.

Blackberry made a fantastic 7" keyboard case for it's ill-fated Playbook. Just seems to make sense for those using for media consumption and work (word docs, evernote, email, etc). Anyone know if there are already any third-party keyboard case combos being made "specifically" for the Nexus 7?

I know it's not even released yet but please post any finds in this thread. I'm sure there are others who would like this resource

This is one thing that the Surface actually got right: a keyboard integrated into the case. Somehow I just know that Microsuck managed to screw up that amazing concept, but it might be a sign of things to come (provided they don't get hooked on the "sue-the-crap-out-of-everybody-who-can-do-what-we-do-but-better" bandwagon... They have done well with the "buy-out-and-bury-the-superior-competion [rest in peace, Rare] business model for so many years)

Oh, and you heard it from me first, you're all my witnesses. When tablets started coming out of the woodwork, my idea was a dual-leaf Tablook

Reactions: CrackBaby
Upvote 0
There's this one and I'm sure I saw a usb keyboard on Amazon as well: Amazon.com: CrazyOnDigital Bluetooth Keyboard Tablet Stand Leather Case for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Black Brown): Computers & Accessories

5182bEgdQtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Reactions: TheMortallyWounded
Upvote 0
I also have an iPad 3 (aka 3rd gen), and I have a Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for it which I really like. The keyboard is very nice to use. I've been able to pair it up with my Nexus 7 with no issues. And the Nexus 7 stands up just find in portrait model in the slot for the iPad. The Nexus 7 will also fit in the slot provided for the iPad in landscape mode, but I find the angle is a little too vertical for what you really want. So at least when I have both my iPad and Nexus 7 with me I can switch off keyboards if needed. But I am hoping Logitech might consider making a similar cover specifically for the Nexus 7.

Upvote 0
I'm hoping over the next month or two a few more keyboard/case combos will pop up, other than just the sloppy PU (Poetic) and Crazy on Digital cases. Would rather find something that snaps the Nexus 7 into place rather than forces you to put it into a sleeve (adds bulk). Additionally, why the extra inch or so on each of those cases below where the tablet is placed?

We need something like the Playbook keyboard case, that doesn't add any unnecessary bulk and is made specifically for the Nexus 7. The keyboard cases now are just being sloppily adapted for every 7" tab that comes out.

I think there would definitely be a market for a high-end and tailor made keyboard case, maybe around $50-$75. I realize most people buy the Nexus 7 for casual media consumption and it's low $$$. Regardless, I know plenty of people that would rather carry this around than a laptop, for more casual productivity days. Documents to Go, Evernote, Gmail, Google Drive (all these programs would benefit).

Let me know if anyone else comes across one other than the two mentioned that are floating around. I'll also post if I find any further ones.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones