• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard causes strained hands?

ejl2010

Nov 1, 2009
For the people that have used a G1 for a long time, do you have any complaints about how the chin gets in the way of efficient typing with the right thumb? One reviewer said that the Droid causes some strain there with the d-pad being there but just wanted other people's opinions.

I was going to get it despite all the bad reviews of the keyboard but now I'm getting hesitant. Bring me back to the Dark side guys!!

I've never used the Droid but I have had a phone with a similar bump (although not as pronounced), The Samsung SCH-U740 (Alias). I didn't have any problems with that particular device but it was much smaller and I have large hands. I think the chin will be something that you can learn to work around rather easily. It'll be annoying for some time no doubt but shouldn't bother you once you grow accustomed to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones