• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard Manager (Rooted Only)

ryandelman

Aug 9, 2010
South Jersey
Hey everyone. I just saw a write-up for this app on another Android site and decided to kick the tires (well, that was the plan anyway).

I downloaded the app from XDA using the SWM and all seemed fine. However, I can't get the app to open for more than a couple of seconds before it goes Force-Close-crazy on me. I rebooted the phone twice and still no luck.

Incidentally, the purpose of the app -for those not familiar with it yet- is to give you the ability to lock your phone into a certain type of keyboard depending on the phone's orientation (e.g. Portrait = always Swype, Landscape = Always Android keypad, etc.).

Has anyone else tried this app yet and have you gotten it to work?

Thanks,
Ryan

Wow, I'm going to look at this now. I know I've seen tons of people post that they'd love a way to have swype in portrait and a standard keyboard in landscape.

Anyone tried it? How quickly does it switch?

Edit:
Just looked at the process. Not sure I'll be comfortable doing until there's a clean .apk that does everything and also restores everything if uninstalled.

Here's the xda thread on it. That's probably the best place to keep up with updates on the progress.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636836

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones