Kies hangs when rippingSupport

1. Oggleroon

Oggleroon New Member

Hi

I'm a newby to Android having just received a Galaxy Note as a present. I'm trying to transfer my CD collection to it using Samsung Kies (I have the latest version 2.5.0.12104_15), but it is having real problems. I can rip one CD track at a time. The rip process gets to 99%, then gets stuck, and after a bit I get a message box that the rip has failed, even though it has apparently successfully created the MP3 file. However, I then cannot do anything further with Kies, including shutting it down. I can't even do it by stopping its process in Task manager - it has no effect. Meantime Kies causes interference with other audio-visual applications making them glitch every 10s or so. The only way to get out of this situation is to reboot my PC, which is a pain to have to do with every CD track I rip. Does anyone have and ideas, fixes, etc., or suggestions for a more appropriate forum to post this message?

Advertisement
  2. Oggleroon

Oggleroon New Member

Problem solved! Kies was blameless. It was my (ancient) DVD drive that was at fault. I had been intending to replace it for some time, and this problem prompted me to get on with it. Having done so, all is now well.
    Howard Hopkinson likes this.
  3. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

Glad you managed to solve your problem and thanks for taking the time to let us know.