• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies hangs when ripping

Oggleroon

Lurker
Nov 28, 2012
Hi

I'm a newby to Android having just received a Galaxy Note as a present. I'm trying to transfer my CD collection to it using Samsung Kies (I have the latest version 2.5.0.12104_15), but it is having real problems. I can rip one CD track at a time. The rip process gets to 99%, then gets stuck, and after a bit I get a message box that the rip has failed, even though it has apparently successfully created the MP3 file. However, I then cannot do anything further with Kies, including shutting it down. I can't even do it by stopping its process in Task manager - it has no effect. Meantime Kies causes interference with other audio-visual applications making them glitch every 10s or so. The only way to get out of this situation is to reboot my PC, which is a pain to have to do with every CD track I rip. Does anyone have and ideas, fixes, etc., or suggestions for a more appropriate forum to post this message?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones