• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies software issue

gingersnapgirl

Android Enthusiast
Sep 15, 2012
Oakland, CA
I don't use Kies very often, but recently, I tried connecting it, and got an error that my device is not supported by Kies. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T, and although I've had struggles with Kies, it always connects eventually, until now.

Does anyone have any ideas? I also seem to be having trouble with the new AT&T OTA update.

Lol. Reinstalling kies and the drivers are probably the only thing you can keep trying if youre sure that the data cable is ok :) good luck gingerhead :beer:
well, reinstalling "fixed" the problem. It now detects my phone as supported but says that the firmware doesn't support upgrading through Kies. So I guess I'll have to get all of my updates OTA, and can uninstall Kies completely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones