• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Killed battery while rebooting after safestrap

jazz53

Jun 15, 2012
Hi,
I was having problems with safestrap ver1, when trying to disable it, it killed my battery.
When I plug in usb I get a small light by usb port, but it does not seem to take a charge.
A couple times it started to power on, but it is stuck in safestrap and dies in less than a minute.

Help Please, what is next step?
How do I charge battery?

TIA

Hi,
I was having problems with safestrap ver1, when trying to disable it, it killed my battery.
When I plug in usb I get a small light by usb port, but it does not seem to take a charge.
A couple times it started to power on, but it is stuck in safestrap and dies in less than a minute.

Help Please, what is next step?
How do I charge battery?

TIA

The light comes on when the battery does not have enough power to actually run the phone, even while plugged in. Let the phone charge overnight and try again.

If that doesn't work, it may also be that the battery is dying - the Droid 3 is almost 2.5 years old now. You may need to buy another battery. Look for "BF5X" or "BF6X" (for the extended battery) on Amazon (though don't buy the cheapest that you can find - they are probably also used. Look at the star ratings for high rated sellers.)

Not OEM, but high rated: Amazon.com: LS Accessories BF5X 1500 mAh Battery for Motorola Droid 3 (XT862), Defy (MB525), Bravo (MB520), and Photon 4G (MB855): Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Motorola Droid 3 Oem Extended Battery Bf6x and Cover Door: Cell Phones & Accessories

After you get that sorted, let us know if you are still having boot problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones