• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kindle vs ereader

hlazar

Lurker
Jun 7, 2010
I've been using ereader on other phones so have tons of books available. I just read my first one on the android version and really love the way the evo's big screen makes the type very clear. I just got kindle software and went to amazon to download a free book to test. Justification on the Kindle was horrible and I couldn't add free books from other sources via the sc card the way I could with ereader.

I've been using ereader on other phones so have tons of books available. I just read my first one on the android version and really love the way the evo's big screen makes the type very clear. I just got kindle software and went to amazon to download a free book to test. Justification on the Kindle was horrible and I couldn't add free books from other sources via the sc card the way I could with ereader.

I looked up ereader in the store and couldn't find it. What's it listed under?

I love the Kindle app and was really, really looking forward to it on Android. You can easily adjust the font size if that's your issue. I have no problems reading books on it. I've got no issues with it just being Amazon books. It's a branded app. Not sure what you expected.

In the interest of full disclosure, I've got the Kindle app on my iPod touch as well and I've got a few books for it already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones