• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KitKat firmware copy, please?

BootloopedIt

Jul 2, 2015
Hello again community.
In my previous post, I detailed how I bootlooped my C6725...
I looked for a way to adress this, and I found out that I could flash a clean copy of the firmware via fastboot.
However, I don't have such copy, and I think you can help me with that.
Just make a backup of your current ROM (KitKat, or JellyBean, both could help) and upload it on Google Drive. I'd be very grateful if anyone did this.

Thanks in advance.;)

UPDATE: Check the last entry I made on this thread please!

Last edited:
Someone will need to pull their system image to help this guy. I can't do it as I don't have this phone.

To create temp system.img from system partition:
Connect your phone to your computer with a usb cable.
Turn on usb debugging.
from a command prompt in a folder with adb,

Code:
adb shell su -c dd of=/data/local/tmp/system.img if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system

To pull temp system.img file from phone to computer as backup:

Code:
adb pull su -c /data/local/tmp/system.img stock_system.img

I would highly recommend someone creating a system image so you guys have a way to restore your phone. Especially when you run into issues like he has.

Reactions: BootloopedIt
Upvote 0
Hey, I made some more research and...
Well, I deleted my boot.img, so I'd be needing that too...
That's why I'd rather have the entire Rom in a .zip.
There are many apps in the market that let you make a backup out of your Rom, such as Rom Toolbox, Rom Manager (Clockworkmod app), etc.
Please, help community!:oops:

Upvote 0
I must clarify: a copy of your system.img would NOT contain ANY personal info. regarding your Vibe, xclusive36 explained how to create a copy in the second entry of this thread, above, but alternitavely you can create a backup with Rom Toolbox Pro or Titanium Backup Pro, I'll leave the link to both here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0xZdGhBhh69SENKczVUWlNXR1U/view?usp=sharing
I uploaded those personally for your convinience.
Please, help guys...

UPDATE: My apologies, please don't follow these instructions, actually a backup made out of those apps could contain certain personal information, I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
UPDATE: If you definitely don't want to make a backup of your current Rom, then just share these 2 files:
stock_system.img
stock_boot.img
Those are the only 2 I'd be needing. Again, I must clarify that these files would NOT contain ANY personal information regarding your phone.
First thing you'd need to do is installing adb in your PC, here's the link to the minimal adb and fastboot installer:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MKgCbUM0itVVFWRC02Q0VBQnc/view
And here's a tutorial on how to install it:
To prove you have successfully installed adb open command prompt (open the Run program, then type cmd, and click ok, or use the Search program and type cmd, then click it)
Once you've opened cmd, type:
Code:
adb version
cmd should then display the version of adb you installed. Good. Leave cmd open.
Now, you will have to connect your Hydro Vibe via USB to your computer, though you MUST have USB debugging on in your device.
Now insert these 4 codes in cmd:
Code:
adb shell su -c dd of=/data/local/tmp/system.img if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
Code:
adb pull su -c /data/local/tmp/system.img stock_system.img

Code:
adb shell su -c dd of=/data/local/tmp/boot.img if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
Code:
adb pull su -c /data/local/tmp/system.img stock_boot.img

Just copy those commands to your clipboard, and then paste them to your cmd.
What this will do is create a copy of your stock_system.img and stock_boot.img, those are the files I need, now, in order to find them in your PC, you have to go to your adb location, which in this case will be, by default:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot\
Now, if you found the 2 files, please upload them, I want my Hydro Vibe back...thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: g00dwln
Upvote 0
Hi,
I too have a kyocera hydro vibe. Recently after rooting, a pop asked to update super user. While doing that it stuck at booting. I could not connect to computer (showing unkown device) or reset. I would like to restore using a working ROM image. COuld you please share the image?
It would be great help if you can do that.
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hi
Guys help to flash the firmware can not find the instructions and on the model Kyocera Hydro Vibe c6725 virgin mobile /

The problem did this root through Wondershare MobileGo, sold display downloaded Market supersu, and click update, the phone reboots resavari, lit green android and restart again, very over guys like that help do help out where to download and then sit without a phone.

virginmobileusa

Upvote 0
keyocera like some companies button up there phones tightly. There no known way im aware of to connect to the phone in this state. and being stuck in a bootloop you cant really adb into the phone because its rebooting too often to really do anything, if adb even enables during the boot attempt at all.

So if clearing user data and cache and all that fails to fix the issue. its kinda a paper weight unless it can be jtaged, which likely is not supported via its usb port. which means have to take the phone apart to get to into it and hope you can attach a jtag. Which at this point the phones value has dropped like a stone. So its worth fixing at this point is kinda bleh.... Wish i knew more to figure a way around the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones