Kudos to Swype!General

Last Updated:

1. fd99601

fd99601 New Member This Topic's Starter

Galaxy S seems to be one of the first few phones to introduce the Swype input method. I admit this method of texting has completely WOWed me.

I never used to text so much before and nowadays I simply pick my phone just to open any text box and type. This is completely amazing; I guess sometimes it feels closer to mind-reading (freaky for first timers)!

I am pretty sure this would become a standard feature in many other mobiles (and probably not just Samsung alone)! Well, so I felt a thread for saying thanks should do no harm :)

Advertisement
  2. lexmeister2

lexmeister2 Member

Have to agree it's amazing, really don't need a physical keyboard any more.

3. ironman666

ironman666 Well-Known Member

I was amazingly impressed with this too. I dont use it, i have only tested it, and it is some what magical.
    I'm waiting for a update sometime in july that will give us a norwegain keyboard/dict of swype :) Cant wait

4. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

Swype is set to go on 50 more devices by the end of this year. It was created by the same person who created T9 predictive text. This will be the defacto standard for touch based keyboard input.

5. pw-man

pw-man Well-Known Member

I will add that the Omnia 2 and variants have swype, and I love it. The best method for input. Even made me feel better about not having a keyboard on my phone :)

6. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

I agree it's really really clever (I was very impressed) but I'm just not sure it's something I will use all the time yet.

The thing I am sure bothers me a little, is that you don't know if you're getting a word _right_ until you're done.

Just a bit different to what we're all used to I suppose :)

7. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

I wish they made access to the navigation arrows easier though.