• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Lag and kernel settings

I'm having some lag show up lately. My phone just seems to freeze up sometimes and the soft keys kinda just highlight but don't do anything. This may last for 10-15 seconds before function comes back. Other lag comes in as I'm connecting or disconnecting from bluetooth. I have major lag going into the gallery. I've tried deleting some pics, but that showed zero improvement. I'm trying the Quickpics app and it seems much faster but I'd rather work with the stock gallery. I'm using the latest JB Sourcery rom which is awesome btw, and used their new kernel for a while. I then switched over to the newest lean kernel.

This lag has been going on for a while. I'd be interested to know what kernel settings people are using. I'm on interactive with my frequencies at 350000 min, 1350000 max, and 700000 max screen off. I haven't touched the MPU voltages.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I reboot daily... and I dont have lag...
See this post in a lot of different rom threads....BEtting those who have no lag all reb0ot more often than those who dont

Other than empirical evidence, any thoughts on why rebooting might limit the amount of lag seen? There's the obvious questions on memory management, but in theory, garbage collection should take care of that (...right?).

I've noticed a lot of lag on my Galaxy Nexus, and it's incredibly annoying. I have not tried rebooting once a day though, so I'll give it a shot for a week and see if I notice a difference. Even if I do, I'd still love to know what is actually different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones