• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help landscape home screen problems~~

On average, how much RAM does some of those launchers consume? I was running a live wallpaper on mine, but saw it was taking up 14mb so I axed it. I'm a resource fanatic so I'm thinking of running a custom rom just so I can run the phone faster ;)

i've never checked to see how much ADW actually uses but i know that it's very fast and smooth for me. i've only had an issue with it once when it crashed but it started right back up again after a few seconds. haven't had an issue with it since.

i usually stay away from live wallpapers. they seem to drain my battery way too fast. of course it would probably help if i didn't have my screen timeout set for ten minutes. the only one i really liked was some sort of android 3d cube thing. i lost it when i wiped all my data after i rooted my phone. i didn't have it backed up and i can't remember what the name of it was on the market when i went to find it again.

Upvote 0
Haha yah you gotta disable the option to open the play app when you slide open the phone.

@fuhrl Yes, some of those live 'papers are cool, but I don't like them bogging down the system and running out the battery. I'm really considering just cyogening the thing to compare the battery life. Right now it's not so hot...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones