Landscape Text Input + Keyboard optionsTips

Last Updated:

1. thomez

thomez Active Member This Topic's Starter

My biggest pet peeve about the Evo is how the landscape text input takes over the screen, leaving you unable to view new text messages or instant messages received while typing without minimizing the keyboard. This is also a problem when you want to submit a text or instant message and you have to constantly hide the keyboard to do so. Is there a way to stop this nonsense?

Also I used to have the Droid X keyboard which I really liked, but it wouldn't work with Froyo - has a new version of that keyboard been released, or could anyone point me in the direction of a very similar keyboard (larger keys, no useless arrows on the right hand side) ?

Thanks very much.

Advertisement
  2. libai8268

libai8268 Well-Known Member

Wanna try out Froyo stock keyboard? Although I didn't use droid x keyboard before, I checked out the vid on youtube. I think it's pretty similar, also Froyo stock keyboard got punctuation on the top which is really convenient! Hope this helps

3. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Punctuation on top where?

4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

5. libai8268

libai8268 Well-Known Member

6. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

What they need is a shorter landscape keyboard so that the user an see additional rows text when they are typing. Opera browser solves this for us by always popping up a text dialog box whenever the user types. This uses the maximum amount of real estate for the user to see what they are typing without being limited by the design of forums like this one.