• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Language switch in Android Keyboard does not work

Hi All,

I was playing around with the different keyboards that came with my ROM and found that the Android one had support for a language I was learning (a non-latin language). I checked that language off, thinking I would now be able to slide my finger on the spacebar to change languages.

No go.

I added English in the list of checked languages and now I can slide my finger on the spacebar to switch languages...except that the keyboard remains unchanged, and continues to type English characters.

What am I missing? I would expect that the keyboard would change to reflect the language selected when I switch between languages.

One thing I noticed which may or may not be important is that the language I want to switch to is not included in the list of locales. Is that related?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones