• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Late night data use

dw14

Lurker
Jan 26, 2011
So I started noticing that my battery is getting used a lot at night. No particular application seems to be eating it up so I went online and checked my data use. It appears that between 3 and 5 AM my phone is consistently using 20mb each night.... I'm not sure if this is a push or a pull. I do have account sync enabled but that seems like a lot of data. Is anyone else having this issue?

Just in case
Nexus S 2.3.2
Kernel 2.6.35.7-g7f1638a
Build GRH78C

So I started noticing that my battery is getting used a lot at night. No particular application seems to be eating it up so I went online and checked my data use. It appears that between 3 and 5 AM my phone is consistently using 20mb each night.... I'm not sure if this is a push or a pull. I do have account sync enabled but that seems like a lot of data. Is anyone else having this issue?

Just in case
Nexus S 2.3.2
Kernel 2.6.35.7-g7f1638a
Build GRH78C

Might be Facebook. They added a very poor implementation of their chat service which completely kills the battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones