• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest Gallery app bug?

Gilmour

May 13, 2011
Does your gallery acts the same way? It used to apply enhancement and effect right within photo previews. For example if you take night shot and taken photo would get processed and give final result. Now, you need close camera app and go to gallery app to view processed photos. Isn't it annoying?

It only applied to photos which are being enhanced. Night photo, portraits and etc.

Gallery app v. 13.1.04. 3

Reactions: Hadron
I'd not noticed, but I rarely use these "enhancements" (night occasionally, never protrait or other effect modes).

You don't have to close the camera app: you can press the thumbnail from the camera screen (which actually takes you into the Gallery app), press back to return to the camera, and then if you press the thumbnail again you will see the processed version this time. A faff, but quicker than leaving the camera completely and opening the gallery via the launcher. Changing camera mode (e.g. from Portrait to Photo) before reviewing the image also results in the effect being applied when you enter the review, at least some of the time.

Seems like they've messed-up the integration between camera and gallery somehow. Funnily enough "panorama", which obviously involves extra processing, seems to work normally.

There's probably a way of providing feedback to them somewhere in the device.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Yes, seems like they messed up. A few people mentioned this odd behavior in Galaxy app store. I've tried to research a bit more and found out that devs push out different app build numbers to regions. For some reason Asian market have completely different build number than NA. I guess devs have to comply with regional regulations to software requirements or something. Maybe that's why they messed up... That's my theory . Why can't we have universal everything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones